Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 1397 build in socal gen 1  (Read 35889 times)

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Re: 1397 build in socal gen 1
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 06:21:32 PM »
Damn. You left your bike running or just on?

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »
Currently, yes.  60,000 miles on the old motor, before the accident.  After the fan install, never-ever a heating condition.  I ride all day in the smoking-hot weather......

The extra fan doesn't bother the charging system, and pulls it's weight.....best mod for piece of mind.  Just don't wear ear-buds and park your bike.  Might forget to turn the darn thing off and drain your battery..... :(  okay, at least once or twice....no harm done.

A.

I did that,parked at the drags in Fontana and forgot/didn't notice the sound of the fan running over all the noise...found it still running a couple hours later but not enough juice left to start the bike. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 08:09:19 AM »
Currently, yes.  60,000 miles on the old motor, before the accident.  After the fan install, never-ever a heating condition.  I ride all day in the smoking-hot weather......

The extra fan doesn't bother the charging system, and pulls it's weight.....best mod for piece of mind.  Just don't wear ear-buds and park your bike.  Might forget to turn the darn thing off and drain your battery..... :(  okay, at least once or twice....no harm done.

A.

I did that,parked at the drags in Fontana and forgot/didn't notice the sound of the fan running over all the noise...found it still running a couple hours later but not enough juice left to start the bike. :lol:

Thats one of those oh shit!!! moments
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 04:05:13 PM »
 :lol:  :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 08:51:32 AM »

Was rockin out.....Turned the bike off, locked it down, and set the alarm.  Never even noticed......
Amsoil Synthetics / Race Ready Painted Inner Panels / Bagster Tank Protector & Tank Bags / Hump Mod / ZG Double Bubble / Mirror Spacers / +1/2" dogbones / EK ZZZ 530 / Michelin Pilot Road 5's / TL 1000R Pegs / EBC HH Pads / Corbin Saddles /

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 08:52:23 AM »

A.

I was plum out of juice.....after eight hours in the hotel.....
Amsoil Synthetics / Race Ready Painted Inner Panels / Bagster Tank Protector & Tank Bags / Hump Mod / ZG Double Bubble / Mirror Spacers / +1/2" dogbones / EK ZZZ 530 / Michelin Pilot Road 5's / TL 1000R Pegs / EBC HH Pads / Corbin Saddles /

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »

A.

Thats one of those oh shit!!! moments

Not until you blip the alarm and nothing happens.  Then you change the battery in your blipper, and "still" nothing happens.....and then you try and put the key in the ignition....and that's when the alarm usually will sound off, and STILL nothing happens......then you see the PMR switch in the tell-tale forward position......"and then you remember"....then it's an OH SHIIIIIT....AWWW MANNNNN  !!!!!!!!  Thank God security always rolls with a jumper box in the truck......

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2015, 10:51:59 AM »
 :lol:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2015, 12:19:56 PM »
so I have decided to just do head ported by porch and use my yoshi stage one cams. I can't afford the big bore kit yet. I am kinda concerned cause the lift is tiny on the yoshi cams but i can swap out the cams if I am not happy with it..
this is the up to date idea. hoping for 180 or 190 hp

How's about a set of Web cams............say .395/.395 with adjustable sprockets. You still won't have to shorten the guides with those and they carry a heckuva punch but are still smooth as glass.  Springs would have to change.......add about 20 lbs of seat peressure, nuthin' outrageous.   
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2015, 09:38:44 PM »
Hey ghost geezer is it worth it to sell the yoshi cams and go with thw 395/378.
I would need valve springs and a port match.

Or could i go 380 intake and use the intake from the toshi cam that is 354 for the exh.? Hmm
Idk man.  :bah:

It states on the web cam  website. It says u need shortenwd valve guides with the .395
With the .378/.330 only needs valve springs.
http://www.webcamshafts.com/mobile/motorcycle/suzuki/suzuki_hayabusa_gsx_1300_r_(99-07)_dohc_16v.html
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 09:48:51 PM by Jeremyg1283 »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 11:29:03 PM »
I have .395/.395 webs in my bike now and Rodney did NOT have to shorten my guides, he said that until you go up to .415, you can leave the guides alone.  Now mine is a Gen II, if that matters.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2015, 12:21:57 AM »
hmm. i wonder if that matters. do you ride on the street often? i put around 1000 miles a month on my bike. I need the motor to last. I am new to the mod world on these busas. I just dont want to screw myself with to big of cams that wear out my top end in  5000 miles.

Upto 380 web states no need for shortened valve guides.
They do want bigger springs on them tho. Im just going off of what web cams states.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 09:13:59 AM by Jeremyg1283 »

Offline speedduck

• Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2015, 03:02:07 AM »
 Dave gave a good advice, if you want to make a difference, put the biggest cams in that still fit with the guides, 0.395", and they are not so big you have to worry about the wear, they work with #47 springs, don`t go with big springs, they put too much stress on parts.
You can still consider the piston kit, it gives you more power for the whole range.

We put those kind of cams to my friends motor and he rides a lot, he has 107k now on the clock and still going on strong.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2015, 06:34:13 AM »
Hey ghost geezer is it worth it to sell the yoshi cams and go with thw 395/378.
I would need valve springs and a port match.

Or could i go 380 intake and use the intake from the toshi cam that is 354 for the exh.? Hmm
Idk man.  :bah:

It states on the web cam  website. It says u need shortenwd valve guides with the .395
With the .378/.330 only needs valve springs.
http://www.webcamshafts.com/mobile/motorcycle/suzuki/suzuki_hayabusa_gsx_1300_r_(99-07)_dohc_16v.html

Best part is that they're only 9 miles from your house. :lol:  :thumb:

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2015, 09:25:21 PM »
How is this helpful jeff?

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2015, 09:35:40 PM »
so I have decided to just do head ported by porch and use my yoshi stage one cams. I can't afford the big bore kit yet. I am kinda concerned cause the lift is tiny on the yoshi cams but i can swap out the cams if I am not happy with it..

How's about a set of Web cams............say .395/.395 with adjustable sprockets. You still won't have to shorten the guides with those and they carry a heckuva punch but are still smooth as glass.  Springs would have to change.......add about 20 lbs of seat peressure, nuthin' outrageous.

Well i have a feeling i will be at this for many years. I think entry level motor work
Yoshi cams and a ported head will atart me off great. Then i will do a piston kit after that.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2015, 05:21:18 AM »
How is this helpful jeff?

Just that if you ever have dealings with them they're only down the street from you bro. :thumb:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2015, 10:30:35 AM »

Well i have a feeling i will be at this for many years. I think entry level motor work
Yoshi cams and a ported head will atart me off great. Then i will do a piston kit after that.

Do not make the mistake of sacrificing horsepower for convenience.  If I were in your shoes, I would go to Web personally and have a chat with them if they are as close to you as my friend Jeff indicates.  You have nothing to lose, and RWHP to gain, IMO........and reliable RWHP at that.  54 lbs on the seat will not hurt your motor at all. 

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2015, 11:43:46 AM »
Oldgixxer did well with a set of yoshi cams. He got 182 without a ported head. I figure if i can get 190 and then add the 1397 and be over 200 that would be cool and the bike will stay super reliable. I will have my fun with that setup. I can always go bigger. Its going smaller pn the ports and stuff that cost money.

I plan on going over to webb cams. I think jeff shpuld come with me. Lol

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2015, 11:53:46 AM »
CNC Port that head and watch that bike come ALIVE with those Web cams!!!!   :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:  You will be well over 200, guaranteed. 

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2015, 12:37:03 PM »
CNC Port that head and watch that bike come ALIVE with those Web cams!!!!   :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:  You will be well over 200, guaranteed.
I am having the guy that built piratediverjeff turbo motor do mine. He is local and he uses crazy bill at porttech do his porting.
http://www.porttechheads.com/index.html

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2015, 02:03:39 PM »
A well built 1397 street motor will give a good increase in power and run cool just like a stock bike. Now, if its an all out drag bike with big cams it will produce a lot of heat.  Bob Carpenter's 1397 race kit claims to get 230hp

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2015, 12:17:58 PM »
I think that 1397, with good porting and those .395 cams and a good pipe/tune could be good for around 210+ on pump and still be completely streetable.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »
I think that 1397, with good porting and those .395 cams and a good pipe/tune could be good for around 210+ on pump and still be completely streetable.
Yes this is a great combo. This will be my end results. Im in no rush and a tight budget so slow is how it is. Battman is running a stock topend on his 1397 and loves it.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2015, 05:36:09 PM »

Was rockin out.....Turned the bike off, locked it down, and set the alarm.  Never even noticed......

One good way to see if your fan(s) are running after you shut the bike off is to sit on it and place each hand in front of the opening in the faring on either side...........you will feel the hot air blowing over your hands in spite of the ambient noise around you if they are still on.  Easy-Peasy. 

"Step UP or Step Aside"