Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 1397 build in socal gen 1  (Read 35895 times)

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
Re: 1397 build in socal gen 1
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2015, 07:01:54 AM »
Damn. You left your bike running or just on?

Was rockin out.....Turned the bike off, locked it down, and set the alarm.  Never even noticed......

One good way to see if your fan(s) are running after you shut the bike off is to sit on it and place each hand in front of the opening in the faring on either side...........you will feel the hot air blowing over your hands in spite of the ambient noise around you if they are still on.  Easy-Peasy.

Could'a pulled an earphone out my darn ear too.......  :tu:

Nowadays, I simply pull the hump and flip the toggle that supplies the juice and put the hump back on, lock it down and blip.....that way no one but me can turn the fan on, which is the way I designed it from the get-go....yep, I'm a dumb@ss sometimes...

PS Jeremy, you take your time with this build and enjoy it. I'm on a budget too, and have been piecing this 05' back together since the accident in June of 14'. Wasn't my idea to have my beautiful machine destroyed by some hit'n run artist, but she's gonna be brand spankin' new when she's done. The lady bought me an "entire" set of OEM plastics for my 50th.....what a gal !. The motor is ready to go back together, and then I'll take you "and" Jeff on.....gonna smoke you both !!!..... :vl:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:14:04 AM by LVBUSA »
Amsoil Synthetics / Race Ready Painted Inner Panels / Bagster Tank Protector & Tank Bags / Hump Mod / ZG Double Bubble / Mirror Spacers / +1/2" dogbones / EK ZZZ 530 / Michelin Pilot Road 5's / TL 1000R Pegs / EBC HH Pads / Corbin Saddles /

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »
 :lol:  :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2015, 01:51:00 AM »
Damn. You left your bike running or just on?

Was rockin out.....Turned the bike off, locked it down, and set the alarm.  Never even noticed......

One good way to see if your fan(s) are running after you shut the bike off is to sit on it and place each hand in front of the opening in the faring on either side...........you will feel the hot air blowing over your hands in spite of the ambient noise around you if they are still on.  Easy-Peasy.

Could'a pulled an earphone out my darn ear too.......  :tu:

Nowadays, I simply pull the hump and flip the toggle that supplies the juice and put the hump back on, lock it down and blip.....that way no one but me can turn the fan on, which is the way I designed it from the get-go....yep, I'm a dumb@ss sometimes...

PS Jeremy, you take your time with this build and enjoy it. I'm on a budget too, and have been piecing this 05' back together since the accident in June of 14'. Wasn't my idea to have my beautiful machine destroyed by some hit'n run artist, but she's gonna be brand spankin' new when she's done. The lady bought me an "entire" set of OEM plastics for my 50th.....what a gal !. The motor is ready to go back together, and then I'll take you "and" Jeff on.....gonna smoke you both !!!..... :vl:

Whats happening in that motor yours?

Offline Red

• Post Master
    • http://www.revival.tv
Re: 1397 build in so cal gen 1 ~ the gen 3 could have a bigger motor . . .
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2015, 07:50:10 AM »
Me either. :lol:

Yeah, right.  You would do the same dang thing, diver-guy. 

And you know it.   :lol:  This would be you below.

Remember that you want to have FUN while out riding ~ if it's too fast, who's going to want to race you ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEpf5QRrJ2A
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:37:50 PM by Red »
1999 Prostar West Super Gas Champion !
2000 NMRA / Prostar Pro E/T runner up.
2001, 2002, & 2003 NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2004 #3, 2005, & 2006 NMRA Pro E/T runner up.
2007 Pro. St. Legal #6, NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2008 MDRA Super Streetbike Champion !

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2015, 11:40:25 AM »

Can I get a piece of that after Rodney finishes massaging my bike this winter? :wink:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2015, 07:26:16 AM »
We'll have us a time Davey !!!.....
Amsoil Synthetics / Race Ready Painted Inner Panels / Bagster Tank Protector & Tank Bags / Hump Mod / ZG Double Bubble / Mirror Spacers / +1/2" dogbones / EK ZZZ 530 / Michelin Pilot Road 5's / TL 1000R Pegs / EBC HH Pads / Corbin Saddles /

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2015, 05:32:05 PM »
Jeremy;

As I suggested you over on Psychobike.  Take an afternoon and come out to Willow, take the tour of APE and let's talk about your project.

Jay

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2015, 05:41:07 AM »
Jeremy;

As I suggested you over on Psychobike.  Take an afternoon and come out to Willow, take the tour of APE and let's talk about your project.

Jay
Ooo,get lots of pics Jeremy :tu:
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Re: 1397 build in so cal gen 1 ~ the gen 3 could have a bigger motor . . .
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2015, 08:14:48 AM »
Me either. :lol:

Yeah, right.  You would do the same dang thing, diver-guy. 

And you know it.   :lol:  This would be you below.

Remember that you want to have FUN while out riding ~ if it's too fast, who's going to want to race you ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEpf5QRrJ2A

Last time I saw anything like that was when I was 12 and dad put a Fedders window AC unit in my room.  That is one monster of a heat-exchanger, intercooler, plenum............never seen anything like that hung on a motorcycle before.  And fast/quick as well.  Stuff just never ceases to amaze me.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2015, 08:17:41 AM »
Jeremy;

Jay
Ooo,get lots of pics Jeremy :tu:

Cameras not allowed into the inner sanctum.  Remember, Confucius say, "If ya tell/show everything ya know/have then you know/have nothing".

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2015, 06:30:10 PM »
I have been APE twice and it is really a cool place. Jay is one of the most knowledgeable people I know. He will stear you in the right direction.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2015, 11:42:24 PM »
Jeremy;

Jay
Can I swing by this coming friday? are you in the office?
do you have a contact number or email.

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2015, 02:03:07 AM »
We are not open on Monday, but there will be a drag race and bike ashow up at the track on Saturday. We will be there. Google Willow Springs Raceway.

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2015, 12:37:56 PM »
We are not open on Monday, but there will be a drag race and bike ashow up at the track on Saturday. We will be there. Google Willow Springs Raceway.
quarter mile drag race? if so I want to run my bike!!!

Offline Jeremygg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2016, 11:04:47 AM »
I have been APE twice and it is really a cool place. Jay is one of the most knowledgeable people I know. He will stear you in the right direction.

I need to go check it out then that's cool