Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: BUYING USED STUFF  (Read 8372 times)

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
BUYING USED STUFF
« on: February 26, 2016, 11:03:44 PM »
What is the best way not to get scammed on these forums by people. is it that bad to buy used? I just got setback for 150 bucks on a swing arm that didn't work correct so my builder had to out source to a machine shop to get the swing arm stay remade from billet and axle wasnt able to be bolted up correct  to work. The way it was sold to me was a accicdent waiting to happen.

I could have had a new one for what I spent. It is sad to cause this person was suppose to be a friend.
  :shock:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Re: BUYING USED STUFF
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 12:07:17 AM »
Report this to ADMIN.
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Online ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 05:02:22 AM »
Check out the results board in the sale section. If you have any problems, post there before spending any money to make it right yourself.
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 05:54:00 AM »
What is the best way not to get scammed on these forums by people. is it that bad to buy used? I just got setback for 150 bucks on a swing arm that didn't work correct so my builder had to out source to a machine shop to get the swing arm stay remade from billet and axle wasnt able to be bolted up correct  to work. The way it was sold to me was a accicdent waiting to happen.

I could have had a new one for what I spent. It is sad to cause this person was suppose to be a friend.
  :shock:
Accident waiting to happen? GTFO dude. You coulda bought a new 0-6" over arm for the additional $150 on top of the $375 I sold you the arm for? Ya,sure you could have....
Seriously Jeremy? Are you saying I scammed you? That swingarm was on my bike 10 years. Rode it for almost 10k miles. I rode it up until the day I took it off the bike. Even took a fucking video of the arm on the bike. I answered a zillion questions of yours. I went out of my way several times to help you out because you said you were strapped for cash. I held that airbox for you for 3 weeks,after I spent money out of my pocket to pay for the shipping supplies to make sure it was packed correctly.I held the swingarm for you for over a month until you saved up the money. Again,coulda sold it but I held it for you cause you asked me to. I could have said fuck it,it's not worth my time or effort. Back and forth several times to the post office on the other side of town just to get you shipping quotes so you could see if you could afford the parts w the shipping.

You sent me a frantic text at 8pm on new years eve,interrupting my new years eve party because upon stripping the paint off the arm there was a hairline crack in the grain of the aluminum. There was no possible way for me to know this since it was covered under layers of primer and paint. And what was my reply to you Jeremy? I said I wasnt aware of any cracks,but take the arm to a machine shop of your choice and I would PAY FOR IT TO BR REPAIRED!
Now as far as the swingarm not fitting I dont know what to say. It was on my bike for 10years. It fit no problem,as it should. All of a sudden you get it and its incorrect. The brake stay was trimmed 1/8". Adams sells a replacement for under $50. Dont see why you couldnt buy a replacement from Adams. You harassed me night and day asking for pictures of the bike with the arm on it,and I sent at least 20-25 pics so you could clearly see the arm installed on the bike. This arm wasnt laying in the corner of my garage collecting dust,it was on the bike because I was riding the bike up until I sold you the arm.
I sent you detailed pics so shit like this wouldnt happen;this is the first time in over 10yrs of me selling parts Ive had a buyer call me a scammer and say the part was incorrect
There are no issues with the axle fitting when it was on my bike. Sorry you spent $150 on parts because the shop said your axle wouldnt fit. I suppose when you dont know how to install parts yourself,you have to rely on other people and pay them to do it.

I done with this bullshit. I rode that bike around all summer with a fucking GT35R turbo making over 450rwhp. I brake boosted the shit outta that bike. I wouldnt ride a 180rwhp bike around with an "incorrect" swingarm let alone a bike with over 400rwhp.

Sit back and think about what you're accusing me of. I purposely befriended you back in October,we've texted regularly for the past 5months,I sent you to Mike at SAE,he answered all of your lengthy questions,Ive offered advice to you every time you asked for it just to win your trust and set you up to take advantage of you through a swingarm purchase? Seriously? Then you wanna come here,and instead of manning up and posting it was me who you had a problem with,you post some nonsense beating around the bush.
Thanks bro,such a good friend you have been :tu:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:57:58 AM by turbo051k »
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline Jeremygg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 10:11:14 AM »
just because it worked on your bike for 10 years and didn't actually cause you any issues doesn't mean it was "right",and I didn't want to run it on mine unless the couple of issues I had with it were corrected.
Feel free to take all the jabs at me you would like. We are talking about the swingarm not my financial situation. If I had the money I would have bought new.

I have more photos, I will post soon, to show all the issues.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:23:39 AM by Jeremygg1283 »

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 01:40:39 PM »
By looking at them pics I'm not exactly sure what that brake hanger is doing??

Offline Jeremyg1283

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 03:47:57 PM »
hello canadian mike. it suppose to press on the swingarm for proper positioning for the brake caliper on the rotor and it doesn't move. The person I bought it off of cut it and made it was unusable. could it work yes. safely highly dangerous. this is only half of the issue. It a sad case when people won't fix the item they sold you so its usable and think it is a proper and nice think yo attack them as smash them with words.
I just wanted him to deliver what 'HE SAID" he sold me.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:20:57 AM by Jeremyg1283 »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 05:49:03 PM »
Dear Lord,
                    Just have the arm repaired at the seller's cost and forget this bickering.  It solves nuthin'. IMO.
Dave 
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 05:17:13 AM »
Please dont insult my intelligence by saying the arm was highly dangerous;you have no clue about wrenching or how a motorcycle functions which is why you have to pay some to do your work.
Like was said many times,pictures were sent to you,everything was disclosed,and the bike was 100% safe and passed NYS DMV inspection every year,as well as passed NHRA Tech Inspection each and everytime it was at the dragstrip. There are no "spacers for the axle" you keep complaining about. The axle slides through the chain adjusters and the axle castle nut tightens against the adjuster. All of a sudden your shop claims parts are missing cause they want another $150.. No parts are missing. If you are so concerned about the brake stay(which worked 100% on my bike and made contact with the arm as it should) a new part from Adams is under $50.
 The only issue I was concerned about was the small crack in the grain if the aluminum ans I immediately offered to fix it on my dime no questions asked. Coulda been,$50,$100 or $200 wouldnt matter I offered to pay for it 100%. The machine shop you took it too said its so small not to worry about it.
Yeah,you should have bought a new arm,then I wouldnt have to listen to you whine.

Dave,Im not paying for anything,I sent over 50 pictures of this swingarm on the bike and he saw every angle. Just because he isnt happy with what he has all of a sudden Im responsible? He bought a 100% functioning used swingarm and thats what was shipped to him. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 05:20:59 AM by turbo051k »
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570