Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: FI light on and bike running like crap after a fuel line change.  (Read 5248 times)

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
I was having a problem with a kinked fuel line that caused my 2000 Hayabusa to cut of. I got a new line, drained the tank and replaced it and the spark plugs. It fired up right away but the FI light stayed on constant. I checked the gap in the plugs a second time to make sure they were all .028 and now it's hard to start plus running like crap.I made sure all the vacuum line were in order but it's like it will only idle at just over 1k rpm with me slightly twisting the throttle. Could it be the gas? I drained it into a 5 gallon can and I'm thinking there might have been moisture in the can or trash. Any suggestion?

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: FI light on and bike running like crap after a fuel line change.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 02:51:09 PM »
check for codes   and RECHECK for kinked fuel line     be very carefull when lowering the tank, and your fuel pump screens my be clogged
how many miles on it and was the fuel pump ever pulled apart???      they all clogg
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:54:18 PM by TT »
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 07:49:52 PM »
I went back at it today and found that the map sensor hose was disconnected at the tee. I reattached and the bike is running somewhat normally but the FI light is still on. Ill clean the new plugs and check the injectors this weekend.

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 08:51:01 PM »
See what the code is

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 08:15:52 AM »
I had a FI light come on after an idle adjustment and as it turned out, the secondaries were open all the time.  Bike still ran OK but somehow the light got triggerred when I raised the idle a bit and that is what happened.  Wierd. 
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 03:06:43 PM »
See what the code is

I took the rear section off, hot wired the dealer mode connection idle it showed -C00 but when I turned it over the code was C-24 ignition signal #1 (IG coil #1) for #1 cylinder

Update: I feel like the original dumbazz the FI light was on because the number #1 cylinder coil pack was not completely connected. I'd removed the original heat shield/rubber mat because the previous owner chose to use duct tape to hold it together and it was falling apart and I changed the plugs while I was at it. The coil pack must have been partially connected because I pushed it together and felt a click. While I was at it I changed the rectifier and the stator and the rectifier had to be the original oem that came on the bike in 2000. The stator I have no words for so as the saying goes, "pictures say it all".

Yes that is rust. Some people don't need to own bikes I swear.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:14:51 PM by tinmann840 »