Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Need full plastics.  (Read 4110 times)

Offline Speedy Gonzales

• Rider
Need full plastics.
« on: May 14, 2016, 01:34:30 PM »
Guys where is the best place to get a full set of plastics - I am looking for quality and nothing sloppy/cheesy. Anybody with experience with a shop, please let me know.

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
Re: Need full plastics.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 10:11:52 AM »
If you want OEM, contact mrcycles.com.  Get a hold of Brad.  They're not cheap, but factory quality is factory quality. 

Wrecked all the plastics on mine, and the total came to around $2500. 

Many around here have other options, and recommendations as well.

Have a good day !.

A.
Amsoil Synthetics / Race Ready Painted Inner Panels / Bagster Tank Protector & Tank Bags / Hump Mod / ZG Double Bubble / Mirror Spacers / +1/2" dogbones / EK ZZZ 530 / Michelin Pilot Road 5's / TL 1000R Pegs / EBC HH Pads / Corbin Saddles /

Offline Speedy Gonzales

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 10:51:13 AM »
If you want OEM, contact mrcycles.com.  Get a hold of Brad.  They're not cheap, but factory quality is factory quality. 

Wrecked all the plastics on mine, and the total came to around $2500. 

Many around here have other options, and recommendations as well.

Have a good day !.

A.

Are the aftermarket ones available from the online vendors who are located in places like GA and CA selling Chinese? I was thinking that they are molding them here.

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 01:51:58 AM »
That would be better answered by someone that has fitted them, and used them. I figured I would go with OEM for authenticity. I haven't heard of a set where the holes line up, and they fit as well that weren't OEM.  Like I said, it would be better answered by someone that had been through the process with a set they could really recommend. 

Nicecycle.com has sets that people have used and said nice things about, but the proof has yet to be proven on a set that fits all the body grommet, and machined-thread mounting points. 

When mine went down, I had 60,000 on the clock and the body parts were still in really nice condition.  Little pitting up front from top speed impacts with all sorts of stuff, but nothing outside of good durability.  Afterwards, they were all rashed, and /or broken.  Freeway lowside at speed.  .

I'm sure there are some sets of aftermarket that are better than others and plenty more affordable than factory......

A. 
Amsoil Synthetics / Race Ready Painted Inner Panels / Bagster Tank Protector & Tank Bags / Hump Mod / ZG Double Bubble / Mirror Spacers / +1/2" dogbones / EK ZZZ 530 / Michelin Pilot Road 5's / TL 1000R Pegs / EBC HH Pads / Corbin Saddles /

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 06:00:18 PM »
OEM is the only way to go, i have fitted a couple sets of the chinese and they SUCK, they will fall apart and not fit anywhere near the OEM plastics, you may be best off to get a set of painters and do what you want with them, i have a set of gen 1 in decent shape
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline MREDDIEB

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • "U can't just stop, U have 2 slow down 1st"
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 06:27:02 PM »
I purchased some Chinese aftermarket fairings off ebay. Only had a problem connecting the two side fairings to the nose. Here is the eBay seller  http://www.ebay.ca/itm/162034228575

This is how they look https://youtu.be/wKyNhKzYQco

I was able to put my frame sliders on this week. Would I do it again, yes. It's a gamble.

Cost me $580. Took 4 weeks to arrive at my door.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:28:57 PM by MREDDIEB »
\"Do you know why I pulled you over?\" Md State Trooper

Even the best bike is only as good as it's operator.
"You can explain it to the judge." Va State Trooper

Offline Speedy Gonzales

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 03:07:07 PM »
OEM is the only way to go, i have fitted a couple sets of the chinese and they SUCK, they will fall apart and not fit anywhere near the OEM plastics, you may be best off to get a set of painters and do what you want with them, i have a set of gen 1 in decent shape

I have to go with aftermarket - tight on the budget right now. :(

Offline MREDDIEB

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • "U can't just stop, U have 2 slow down 1st"
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 07:40:48 PM »
https://youtu.be/rNwyltaqZm0

Juat found this www.extremefairings.com for full fairing set

\"Do you know why I pulled you over?\" Md State Trooper

Even the best bike is only as good as it's operator.
"You can explain it to the judge." Va State Trooper

Offline Speedy Gonzales

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 08:02:23 PM »