Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: F/R Stands or Lift ??  (Read 4873 times)

Offline WARBIRD13

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
F/R Stands or Lift ??
« on: May 27, 2016, 05:59:54 PM »
Is it a better idea to just get a rear stand to perform minor maintenance, ie: oil change ,chain adjust or is a bike lift a better idea, something that picks both wheels up?
Let me hear your thoughts on front and rear stands ease of use and best quality and anyone that uses a lift that picks the whole bike up....TIA   Kevin

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: F/R Stands or Lift ??
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 06:28:45 PM »
I've had a lift for the last 6 years and it's practically a lifesaver,initial cost was around a $1000 but over 6 years works out to about 50 cents a day so totally worth it. :thumb:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 06:59:15 PM »
I had front and rear stands first as mine has no center stand.  I also have a Quick Stand for touring.  I finally bought a lift table and couldn't be happier.  It's so convenient that I can't believe I waited as long as I did.  Being able to stand or sit on a stool to do upkeep is great!  Mine is a foot pump model but don't let that scare you off.  Each pump is as easy as the first, you could use your arm it's so easy.  I use a Canyon Dancer to center the bike and keep it stable instead of a wheel chock.  Theyre constantly 'on sale' for $299.99.  Great value IME.

http://t.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892.html?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/quick_stand.htm
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:06:52 PM by Sport »
Ride em if ya got em

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 03:02:48 PM »
Lift is the only way to go, you can use your stands on the lift, so both!  :bike:
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 07:19:28 PM »
Depending on how much you will be doing, a lift alone I'll not be sufficient. You will still need at least a flat jack in order to remove the wheels or otherwise spin them. If you are only using for general maintenance you may still need at least a rear stand to get a pan under to drain the oil. Either way, be sure to get a stand with a substantial front clamp to hold the bike.

The stand itself doesn't really make anything "do-able" that wouldn't otherwise be possibly with the bike in the ground, it is pretty much just a convenience item.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline WARBIRD13

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 09:45:51 PM »

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 10:18:34 PM »
No and its $550 more than my lift table.
Ride em if ya got em