Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Anti Kink Fuel Line  (Read 10171 times)

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Anti Kink Fuel Line
« on: May 28, 2016, 10:55:11 PM »
I not too long ago replaced the fuel lines on my 2000 Busa with OEM line because they would kink and restrict the flow of gas. I even got the protective springs in hopes that they might too help prevent kinking....NOT!I'm out riding today and on the way home it started stuttering and hesitating when I got on the throttle and I mean like whole second of lag between throttle input and response. Then it shut down. I called the house and she came out with the trailer and I got it home took the seat off raised the tank and she fired up. I took the battery out and charged it but now the question is what fuel lines to use ? Or another external fuel pump entirely like a  Bosch with threaded fittings so I could use steel braided fuel line.

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Re: Anti Kink Fuel Line
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 01:18:33 AM »
Okay I'm thinking a 90 degree brass splice might work

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 08:06:18 AM »
http://gofastbikeparts.com/
Get a hold of Scott, he'll have what you need.
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 07:29:57 PM »
So the lines are just kinking on their own while you are riding?
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 01:46:24 AM »
So the lines are just kinking on their own while you are riding?

The oem fuel lines are not very thick and after they get heated up they kinked being bound up against the crankcase breather hose . STREETDRAG suggested getting a longer hose and looping the line. I'm going to try that tomorrow with some 3/8 hose. That's the cheaper solution, The hose is only $2.44 a foot but The weather here has everything on lock. I'm still looking into getting a Bosch external pump and regulator though. This 1430 setup I'm planning is going to need to eat and a stock pump isn't going to be able to feed it at 42 psi. 

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 09:29:26 AM »
You can feed most any application with an upgraded in tank pump, either Bosch, walbro, or AEM.

As for the hoses kinking, perhaps you have something routed incorrectly, or the hoses have something else added inline. There is only a single hose from the pump outlet to the fuel rail. The end fittings should allow the hose to rotate when youower the tank.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »
That's the thing, I don't have an internal pump I have a 2000 with a external fuel pump and there are 2 lines, one from the tank to the pump and a return from the pump to the tank. Those fittings don't rotate when you close the tank. I tried what Daniel suggested by adding a longer line and looping it and that looks like it will work.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:06:22 PM by tinmann840 »

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 03:27:12 PM »
Ahhh...that explains it. Those old setups are a bit finicky. :tu:

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 10:17:24 AM »
It appears the longer looped gas line did the trick she is running in beast mode now. I just got back and lets just say I really tested the fuel delivery system and not a hiccup. I still am looking into a Bosch and a fuel regulator with braided stainless steel lines.

Update: I think I have found the problem. I was moving my old tank around in the storage shed and noticed that it had something my present tank doesn't... A fuel Petcock! I got the current tank from a Psychobike member who ran a turbo setup and it appears he modified the tank. It has a different fuel supply nipple that just points straight down. The original petcock made a 90 degree and looped back in the line so I added a 90 degree turn into the equation and that was all that was needed.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 05:17:25 PM by tinmann840 »

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 08:19:06 AM »
r u sure its kinked lines??   how many miles on the bike?  was the fuel pump ever pulled apart and cleaned?  these external pumps are notorious for clogged screens  and there are several screens in them,  maybe you have two problems and not one?????
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 02:28:23 PM »
r u sure its kinked lines??   how many miles on the bike?  was the fuel pump ever pulled apart and cleaned?  these external pumps are notorious for clogged screens  and there are several screens in them,  maybe you have two problems and not one?????

I guess it's a good thing I picked one of these up a few months ago
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:34:46 PM by tinmann840 »

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 02:53:04 PM »

I guess it's a good thing I picked one of these up a few months ago
you can pull apart the old one and clean the screens too
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 10:48:57 PM »
Put the steel spring from 99-2000  on any line your having issues with.   That's what it's for, and a longer line to loop around .  Check the filter and screens in the pump.assy.  notorious for clogging
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:50:58 PM by knecum »

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 07:30:26 PM »
Put the steel spring from 99-2000  on any line your having issues with.   That's what it's for, and a longer line to loop around .  Check the filter and screens in the pump.assy.  notorious for clogging

You were right about the fuel pump and screens being clogged. The bike would run strong then loose power and cut off still. I pulled the old pump and filter and this is what I found.

Now after changing the pump it's starts and runs uneven. I'm thinking there maybe trash from the filter clogging the injectors. As you can see the filter has parts of it missing and they had to go somewhere and they didn't come out when I disassembled it.