Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Wilmington June  (Read 3491 times)

Offline speedduck

• Post Whore
Wilmington June
« on: June 20, 2016, 05:31:29 AM »
Any results ? Brenda ?

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
Re: Wilmington June
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 06:10:54 AM »
Wildphil69 ran 237.9693 mph on a true street, stock body, stock wheelbase Gen II Busa!!!

Great job and very impressive!  :tu:
222.66 MPH at the Ohio Mile
201.52 MPH in the 1/2 Mile
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000

Offline Landspeed Larry

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 06:19:01 AM »
Brenda did not run, too windy for enclosed tail bike. Was going to run without body but had an electrical problem and ran out of time.   LSL
All motor all the time and a turbo now and then.

Offline osti33

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 09:27:41 AM »
Brenda did not run, too windy for enclosed tail bike. Was going to run without body but had an electrical problem and ran out of time.   LSL

Larry,

Did Steve get to make any passes on the production bike?

Ryan
2 Club member x 5
Bonneville, Loring, ECTA, Texas, Mojave

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 10:38:03 AM »
Ryan, 3 license passes and 2 or 3 records, definitely 2.  Was real windy,  power wheelie into 2nd and wheel was 1 ft of ground and almost washed out.  I went 197.8 into 14 mph gusts and headwind  staying in 5th gear. I forgot I used a gen2 trans and didn't have a smaller front or bigger rear, so I had to use what was on there. On the way there , the truck sprung a pretty good oil leak that had to be nursed for 800 miles, then the rear inner dually tire blew the sidewall  and the trailer tire blew apart 150 miles from home at 12am and we never realized it, no damage to rim or trailer.  This was a trip from hell.

Brenda's bike was fine in the trailer, but then was shorting out the starter relay fuse for some reason.  I had to run one bike and couldn't work on the other if I'm in line. It was boiling hot. It was way to windy  for that type of bike anyway.  We took the upper off but wouldn't start at the line.. SMDH!!

So for  not being tuned and not being able to tune and having only 5 gears, I think the production 1350 could  go over  205, in calm conditions,  another guy went from 208 to 203 on Sunday from the headwind, I stayed at 197.

Maybe next time!!

Offline osti33

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 05:14:55 AM »
Ryan, 3 license passes and 2 or 3 records, definitely 2.  Was real windy,  power wheelie into 2nd and wheel was 1 ft of ground and almost washed out.  I went 197.8 into 14 mph gusts and headwind  staying in 5th gear. I forgot I used a gen2 trans and didn't have a smaller front or bigger rear, so I had to use what was on there. On the way there , the truck sprung a pretty good oil leak that had to be nursed for 800 miles, then the rear inner dually tire blew the sidewall  and the trailer tire blew apart 150 miles from home at 12am and we never realized it, no damage to rim or trailer.  This was a trip from hell.

Brenda's bike was fine in the trailer, but then was shorting out the starter relay fuse for some reason.  I had to run one bike and couldn't work on the other if I'm in line. It was boiling hot. It was way to windy  for that type of bike anyway.  We took the upper off but wouldn't start at the line.. SMDH!!

So for  not being tuned and not being able to tune and having only 5 gears, I think the production 1350 could  go over  205, in calm conditions,  another guy went from 208 to 203 on Sunday from the headwind, I stayed at 197.

Maybe next time!!

WOW! That sounds like a crazy trip with the truck and trailer.

At least you got to make some passes. Hopefully next time the weather/wind will be better. I'm sure you will put down some good numbers. You guys are always at the front of the pack.

Thanks for the update.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 05:16:57 AM by osti33 »
2 Club member x 5
Bonneville, Loring, ECTA, Texas, Mojave