Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: wheel bearings  (Read 11323 times)

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
Re: wheel bearings
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 08:46:05 AM »
I did not, but I definitely will be!
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2016, 09:04:45 PM »
Not big deal, just loosen up the caliper bolts and twist/wiggle the calipers to get the pads backed off a little then give the wheel a spin, it will be free enough to ck the bearings, it should spin almost as free as on a balancer
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 11:07:38 AM »
Sounds good ! I have always felt my bearing closely when I change tires. Make sure there are no rough sports or strange feeling to them. Also a needle grease tip works to keep them full of lube.  :thumb:
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 06:13:34 PM »
Sounds good ! I have always felt my bearing closely when I change tires. Make sure there are no rough sports or strange feeling to them. Also a needle grease tip works to keep them full of lube.  :thumb:
I tried that needle grease job a couple times I suppose I suppose it got grease on the bearings but it spit it back out after a good high speed blast  :lol:, and for the price of new bearings I'l just replace them if they start getting rough
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2016, 10:22:41 AM »
Not big deal, just loosen up the caliper bolts and twist/wiggle the calipers to get the pads backed off a little then give the wheel a spin, it will be free enough to ck the bearings, it should spin almost as free as on a balancer
a well greased bearing should have a little drag to it,  a bearing with no grease in it will spin really freely ( frictionless bearing ) just because it spins free with no noise doesnt mean it has no grease left in it??
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers