Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: new personal best  (Read 11643 times)

Offline gsxrdan

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
new personal best
« on: June 08, 2016, 10:14:38 PM »
Managed a new personal best this weekend,64" no boost controller or ballast,stock clutch with heavy springs.. Had a bunch of  8.6s at around 170mph.Then final an 8.5..Starting to come around but still need more seat time.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: new personal best
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 05:28:42 AM »
 :tu:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 05:41:21 PM »
Dammit  man that's some really  nice numbers congratulations .  Can we get some specs on the turbo setup and what boost your running?

Offline gsxrdan

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 06:07:09 PM »
Thx , i've been trying to get it working for over a year.its just a stage 1 from RCC ,62lb injectors,1:1 reg and 3 bar map into a PCV .Very simple setup. Got everything from Richard. Roughly 12-14 lbs.at least that's what my data logger says.Should get better as I get more seat time.It's my first time out this season.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 09:53:01 PM »
Thx , i've been trying to get it working for over a year.its just a stage 1 from RCC ,62lb injectors,1:1 reg and 3 bar map into a PCV .Very simple setup. Got everything from Richard. Roughly 12-14 lbs.at least that's what my data logger says.Should get better as I get more seat time.It's my first time out this season.
To bad they cost so much, bet there 2-3 tenths with a good clutch.........only problem is you like most everybody else who has ever drag raced, we are never satisfide, always got to go faster, still for what you got your kickin ass, your MPH shows you got more ET, and your correct on the seat time, getting out of the hole clean and quick with little tire spin and NO wheelies, maybe a little, but you dont want to back out to land a wheelie, then your ET go's down the tube............ok that all said you have 62lb injectors, and a 1;1 what sort of fuel pres are you running? are you tuning with a PC or ECU flash? and are you doing anything with timing? and most important how does it run at street driving speeds, does it have good low speed drivability manners? I'm asking because I also have a stage1 running about the same boost, and most of the time it runs great, good power and about like stock on the bottom, very smooth, as long as the FMU plays nice, I was thinking about going to 1-1 with bigger injectors, to get away from the FMU
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline gsxrdan

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 10:16:51 PM »
To bad they cost so much, bet there 2-3 tenths with a good clutch.........only problem is you like most everybody else who has ever drag raced, we are never satisfide, always got to go faster, still for what you got your kickin ass, your MPH shows you got more ET, and your correct on the seat time, getting out of the hole clean and quick with little tire spin and NO wheelies, maybe a little, but you dont want to back out to land a wheelie, then your ET go's down the tube............ok that all said you have 62lb injectors, and a 1;1 what sort of fuel pres are you running? are you tuning with a PC or ECU flash? and are you doing anything with timing? and most important how does it run at street driving speeds, does it have good low speed drivability manners? I'm asking because I also have a stage1 running about the same boost, and most of the time it runs great, good power and about like stock on the bottom, very smooth, as long as the FMU plays nice, I was thinking about going to 1-1 with bigger injectors, to get away from the FMU
I'd go with a RCC clutch(I have one on the shelf)and a boost controller in a heartbeat but the class I run Is a heads up real street class.For my weight(200 suited) I can be 63".No lock ups or boost controllers and 3" min ground clearance. Its a riders class.As for the fueling its set up at 43psi, a flash Richard sent me with a couple deg pulled and 12500 limit.Its drives really nice and its driven at least 100 miles a week mostly 2 up.I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind play with a map.I use a PCV with a 3 bar wired in.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 01:52:36 PM »
Great numbers for that Stage setup.  I would have expected a few more lbs of boost to run that quick.  Good ridin'!  :tu:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline gsxrdan

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 04:46:23 PM »
Thx.. I'm having a lot of fun with it.I think it will go 8.3 before the season is done.I still only have a dozen passes on it.

Offline M.Long

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 07:43:05 AM »
good job Dan looks like your heading in the right direction..im still playing with  lil stage 1 as well

Offline gsxrdan

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 10:19:53 AM »
Thanks, I'm amazed how well these stage 1 kits work...I've changed the fmu to a 1:1 with a 3 bar map sensor. Pretty much flawless.

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 07:10:56 PM »
ROCKETGEEZEER.... call RICHARD at RCC and get his new FMU he has...it works flawlessly...the old style (like a big aliminium flying saucer)gave me also a lot of grief.....the new ones works awesome...i did my buddies bike over and told him to buy that one cause i was getting pissed...i sold my stage 1 kit a long time ago because of that.....but now with his new one that not many know about is a cream puff....trust me...we are shooting for 7 s...this year ....only time out last year we got it to run 8 teens spinning all the way down the track...i mean all the way.....after only a few passes i was getting 1.20s short time with a GANN....the slick was 3 years old rotted out.....it will run easy 7 s......

Offline M.Long

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 01:43:38 AM »
will it have to be retuned with the new fmu

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 11:56:52 AM »
We did it at RCC just to be safe and i was going up there anyway with 2 other nitrous bikes.His stage1 made 320 with c16.....stock cams and clean up head.We put some rods in it....stock pistons with spacer.

Offline M.Long

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 12:09:26 PM »
We roughly make about the same hp...I hv his stg1 kit as well

Offline gsxrdan

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 12:10:39 PM »
ROCKETGEEZEER.... call RICHARD at RCC and get his new FMU he has...it works flawlessly...the old style (like a big aliminium flying saucer)gave me also a lot of grief.....the new ones works awesome...i did my buddies bike over and told him to buy that one cause i was getting pissed...i sold my stage 1 kit a long time ago because of that.....but now with his new one that not many know about is a cream puff....trust me...we are shooting for 7 s...this year ....only time out last year we got it to run 8 teens spinning all the way down the track...i mean all the way.....after only a few passes i was getting 1.20s short time with a GANN....the slick was 3 years old rotted out.....it will run easy 7 s......
Any setup tips on the Gann? I have one on my new build.Can't wait to give it a shot

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 10:03:53 PM »
The thing about about the GANN or any HANDSLIDER is you gotta work the gearing and also boost controller ...they all make a difference....sometimes when it is hot outside ,,just add a little boost and 60 foot is right back to where it should be or add on the rear sproket....and using a 2 step makes it easier also and way more consistent...you can play with launch rpm also and spring in the wastegate to build a little boost on launch......got a video of my 62inch streetire RCC turbo GANN clutch going 7.38 at 197mph  5 years ago.....the problem is you gotta know where to start depending on chassis,weight,hp........it is not easy with a turbo....but once you know what does what....then you know where to make changes....i always was confortable with the GANN because it was simple......i would probably try the NLR clutch next time with a turbo.Nice for the street and you can foot shift quick beetween gears when chopping throttle......with a lock up you can not because it works with rpm....

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 10:07:23 PM »
The reason why i cant give a base set up is i dont want to see anyone flip their bikes over or burn clutches.........i always start with a certain weight on arms and tall gearing so i can launch and have a rough idea where i am at....but to explain this....i can t to many variables.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 09:40:53 PM »
http://www.rccturbos.com/index.php/product-catalogue/turbo-system-parts/rising-rate-fuel-pressure-regulator-fmu-detail
 :tu:
Thanks for the tip, I defiantly will ck it out, I did pick up shim stock from a machine shop buddy and made a shim with it, FMU has worked great since putting it in, but I don't trust it, another thing is the last time I talked to Richard about the bike eating fuel pumps he said I was trying to run to much boost for a stage1, and having to run the boosted fuel pres so high is what is killing the pumps....maybe... but a little over a year ago I replaced the pump, rail, fuel lines, I used that big AEM pump looks like a (B44), and spent most of the summer getting the tune back where it needed to be, dyno I was using is tore up, and nobody else close by that I would let touch it, so it was done the hard way with a data logger and Butt Dyno, and checking plug color, 2 years ago I run a couple pulls and came up with 308HP, the Butt Dyno says its stronger now and its running better, and this set up shows no signs of tearing up !!!

Offline M.Long

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 10:20:41 PM »
Nice

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 06:23:17 PM »
I still have a roll of stainless steel to make shims....i remember...lol.....i to dont trust it......the new style works great. :tu:

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 06:26:46 PM »
Forgot a detail....we got s2000 injectors so we dont need to run that high of pressure and not scared of starving the motor on stock injectors.

Offline M.Long

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 08:28:16 PM »
exact setup that I have s2000 as well :tu: