Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Why no turbos in grudge ?  (Read 18239 times)

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
Why no turbos in grudge ?
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:13:19 PM »
Why is it the fastest bikes in pro open and pro street are turbos but, no one runs them in grudge racing ? As of late I've even seen the fastest turbo team has a nitrous grudge bike ??  :bah: Why ? Are turbos not allowed in grudge ?
Now , Knecum powered . Fire in tha hole !

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Why no turbos in grudge ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 12:59:56 AM »
Why is it the fastest bikes in pro open and pro street are turbos but, no one runs them in grudge racing ? As of late I've even seen the fastest turbo team has a nitrous grudge bike ??  :bah: Why ? Are turbos not allowed in grudge ?
I'm not a bike drag racer, but I didn't think grudge had any rules, other than safety stuff,  cost possably up front it may be cheaper to do a nitrous setup rather than turbo, and I mean MAY be cheaper
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 09:52:35 AM »
Most grudge racing events are 1/8th mile.  Although a turbo can be fast in the 1/8th, they really wake up past the 1/8th in the 1/4.

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 07:33:49 PM »
NO......The problem is nobody wants to race againts them.....and yes they wont allow them at some grudge races......DME had to build an nos bike to race them....when they already had THINK THINK........If they allow them....nitrous bike will become obsolete....CHRIS MOORE has 2 turbo bikes that are new and he is already starting to hurt them......bad....on new bikes.....the grudge racers will stop showing up if they start to pour in and win everything....

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 06:06:07 AM »
The only place turbos are not allowed are "sanctioned" grudge races, which aren't really grudge races, but heads up class racing since there is no real aspect of grudge racing other than no times and the hypothetical "run what ya brung and hope ya brung enough" mentality. The biggest difference is that the sanctioned races are heads up and most grudge races aren't, due the mismatch of the bikes / riders. Big 8 or similar races are really quick 8, no bar races that are usually limited to bikes that have never shown their times (or now fairly often just eliminating turbos all together). If it is a real grudge race, they are allowed, but good even luck getting  race unless you hustle for awhile and then finally get one, that you win...it will likely be the last race you get.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 11:55:51 AM »
NO......The problem is nobody wants to race againts them.....and yes they wont allow them at some grudge races......DME had to build an nos bike to race them....when they already had THINK THINK........If they allow them....nitrous bike will become obsolete....CHRIS MOORE has 2 turbo bikes that are new and he is already starting to hurt them......bad....on new bikes.....the grudge racers will stop showing up if they start to pour in and win everything....

Lol, I noticed that . Was just wondering if it was what it looked like .  :D

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »
The only place turbos are not allowed are "sanctioned" grudge races, which aren't really grudge races, but heads up class racing since there is no real aspect of grudge racing other than no times and the hypothetical "run what ya brung and hope ya brung enough" mentality. The biggest difference is that the sanctioned races are heads up and most grudge races aren't, due the mismatch of the bikes / riders. Big 8 or similar races are really quick 8, no bar races that are usually limited to bikes that have never shown their times (or now fairly often just eliminating turbos all together). If it is a real grudge race, they are allowed, but good even luck getting  race unless you hustle for awhile and then finally get one, that you win...it will likely be the last race you get.

And yes , these were the races I was referring to . They talk all that smack about how fast they are but I never seen any of them beating turbos .  :hys:

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 06:20:57 PM »
Me personally,  I'd love to see a certain blue grudge 1k or, a certain blk grudge 1k  run Tink tink in the 1/4 .  :D

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 12:46:28 PM »
Me personally,  I'd love to see a certain blue grudge 1k or, a certain blk grudge 1k  run Tink tink in the 1/4 .  :D

kingpin was talking about running Tink Tink in an exhibition race.  He was also talking about maybe running shawn Gann on his all motor bike and Billy Vose on Ellamean

Offline MICHAEL MATHEWS

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 05:47:21 PM »
$35,000 Kings of grudge Joey was told he couldnt race.I have a buddy with a fairly competitive pro street bike told he couldnt race in a "street tire shootout" race.

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 07:33:02 PM »
$35,000 Kings of grudge Joey was told he couldnt race.I have a buddy with a fairly competitive pro street bike told he couldnt race in a "street tire shootout" race.

About what I figured.

Offline Bim28

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 07:37:50 AM »
I know they still have classes for grudge racing. They run motor v. motor, nitrous v. nitrous and slick v. slick. Have you guys thought about asking for a big 8 turbo v. turbo? I would love to see that.

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 07:53:17 AM »
I know they still have classes for grudge racing. They run motor v. motor, nitrous v. nitrous and slick v. slick. Have you guys thought about asking for a big 8 turbo v. turbo? I would love to see that.

For me it's wanting to see the supposed fastest grudge bikes run the known fastest bikes(Because we see it on the board).  The day Tink tink runs Eddie Cane will never happen!

Offline Bim28

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 09:44:26 AM »

For me it's wanting to see the supposed fastest grudge bikes run the known fastest bikes(Because we see it on the board).  The day Tink tink runs Eddie Cane will never happen!

Not many people will run Tink Tink. Not even the other turbo guys. See what I'm saying.

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 02:33:53 PM »
that's because it is a sanctioned event. "Grudge" has now become a class...used to always be run what changes brung, now they are pretty filtered.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 08:00:05 AM »

Not many people will run Tink Tink. Not even the other turbo guys. See what I'm saying.

:thumb:

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 08:01:11 AM »
that's because it is a sanctioned event. "Grudge" has now become a class...used to always be run what changes brung, now they are pretty filtered.

Got cha !

Offline Bim28

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 07:09:02 AM »
I'm sure all the nitrous and motor guys know that they can't run with the turbos. Turbos are making upward of 800 plus HP.  It's a lot more races going on now compared to run what you brung. I'm a fan of both class and grudge races. Turbos are taking over period.

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 05:19:01 PM »
I don't know why they can't run a turbo in the street tire shootout.  There was a white turbo bike in the street tire shootout at the last Piedmont race. I know they have a rule that the bike could not have showed a time in the past. But I thought that rule was just for the Big 8 race. I call this the "Dme" rule.

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 06:20:54 PM »
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

-Dalai Lama

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 06:27:31 PM »
Are they gonna let them run that turbo in Big8 ?

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »
Are they gonna let them run that turbo in Big8 ?

You can run anything you want as long as it doesn't have a bar and hasn't shown times.

Not sure if we are going to run it there or not
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:36:44 PM by sportbikeryder »

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 07:38:17 PM »
Wow , I knew they would be fast unlimited but dam.  :bah: Rodney lite it up in Bradenton ! Very expressive !  :tu:

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 08:05:27 PM »
Wow , I knew they would be fast unlimited but dam.  :bah: Rodney lite it up in Bradenton ! Very expressive !  :tu:

Just a few warm up laps.  8)

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2016, 08:19:03 PM »
rodney is gonna be a force to be reckoned wit next year.