Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Improving Bike Performance with PCV  (Read 5645 times)

Offline Falcon1340

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Improving Bike Performance with PCV
« on: July 06, 2016, 04:10:12 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum. I have been a rider for over 25 years; and a Busa rider for 6 years now.

I currently have a 2008 Gen2 with full exhaust 4/2/1 Yoshimura, PCV (and I have not found the proper map), KN Filter.

My bike is a European model; what must I add to have a significantly better performance? ie speed and horsepower. I do not have the means to equip it with Turbo or Nos.
Is there anyone out there with similar equipment and who is satisfied with your perf?
Currently, the Busa is slower than a S1000RR.

Thanks in advance !!

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Improving Bike Performance with PCV
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 08:32:19 PM »
I was not satisfied with my Busa's performance until the first time I twisted the throttle with the turbo, I had installed all the normal N/A stuff pipe, power commander, air filter, several dyno pulls and adjustments all that work and money I got 10 - 12 HP, and other than the pipe that made some nice noise, I could not tell any diff in power, the biggest problem a Busa has when dealing with a good 1K is in about all the cases a Busa weighs a good 100lbs more......the Gen2 is a bit better power wise, but still in stock condition where a Busa shines is top speed, but on the street light to light I would go with 1K. now I know you said you did not intend to spend a fortune, but to get real power out of a Busa it will need some work, not a lot but definatly a little work, ether eng mods....cams, port work, pistons, some big power can be had in a N/A engine, but a turbo kit or nitrous will make more power for a ton less money the going N/A
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Falcon1340

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 04:20:55 PM »
Thank you for getting back to me. I had an estimate in France for the turbo prep, and the bill is hefty...  It is over 7K Dollars for the parts and labor was estimated at 4k dollars... The mechanic guarantee 320 horsepower and  25 Mkg. I am not asking for that much horsepower, especially not at this cost.
So.... is there anyone that can get back to me on the performance of a lighter prep?

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 08:46:52 PM »
Thank you for getting back to me. I had an estimate in France for the turbo prep, and the bill is hefty...  It is over 7K Dollars for the parts and labor was estimated at 4k dollars... The mechanic guarantee 320 horsepower and  25 Mkg. I am not asking for that much horsepower, especially not at this cost.
So.... is there anyone that can get back to me on the performance of a lighter prep?
Wow, did I read that right $11 K for a turbo install, if he's guarantee 320HP its probably a stage2 kit or whatever they use, even if he's doing pistons and headwork that quote is still a little stiff,
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 07:53:42 PM »
Get your bike set up to edit the ECU, there are a few things that will unleash that beast, then go to a dyno tuning shop and get a good tune, you will thank yourself for doing it.
I am my own AlterEgo