Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 3000 rpm stumble  (Read 6575 times)

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
3000 rpm stumble
« on: July 13, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »
2000 Hayabusa , Alien head, PC5 . I load a street map I got from Brock's and the bike wouldn't start. I updated the firmware and loaded the stock 0 map now I have stumble at 3000 rpm. I requested another map from Brock's but that takes 2-3 days.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: 3000 rpm stumble
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 05:07:55 PM »
2000 Hayabusa , Alien head, PC5 . I load a street map I got from Brock's and the bike wouldn't start. I updated the firmware and loaded the stock 0 map now I have stumble at 3000 rpm. I requested another map from Brock's but that takes 2-3 days.
Did you buy the pipe and PC from Brock, or someware else? no matter go to the dynojet or power commander.com web sight, you will have to hunt around for it but is no big deal they have several maps to choose from you download them all and pic what you want, but the best way to go it have a custom map done on a dyno buy a pro that knows what there doing
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:14:47 PM »
Did you buy the pipe and PC from Brock, or someware else? no matter go to the dynojet or power commander.com web sight, you will have to hunt around for it but is no big deal they have several maps to choose from you download them all and pic what you want, but the best way to go it have a custom map done on a dyno buy a pro that knows what there doing

I second that suggestion.  Well worth the expense.
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 08:20:40 PM »

I second that suggestion.  Well worth the expense.
What gets me about that is the way some shops deal with people who did not buy there stuff from them, I don't personaly know Brock Davidson, so I cannot say, but I do know some shops really will help a dude out even if they had not spent a dime there, and some will not even answer the phone or reply to email if you had not spent 10K with them, then there are some that are of very few words, they will offer a suggestion as to what your problem might be but thats it, anything more you got to pay for. I know thats how these guys make a living, but dam the dude just wanted a map, and have maybe a couple hundred or more in there computors, and most likely had one that would have been near dead nuts,  seems to me it would have been better for business to give the guy a map, rather than static, about two or three days
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline tinmann840

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 08:40:35 PM »
They emailed me another map yesterday now everything appears to be okay. Idles fine and no hesitation at 3000 pm.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 12:17:42 PM »
They emailed me another map yesterday now everything appears to be okay. Idles fine and no hesitation at 3000 pm.
Cool :thumb: