Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 3rd gen hayabusa  (Read 12539 times)

Offline Nightflyer

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Re: 3rd gen hayabusa
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 11:38:08 PM »
Here is the deal with the 2017 Busa of which Ive already put money down on. It will be the all new version, not to say they wont change a few things in 2018 all bikes have some changes year to year but the 2017 will have the majority of the changes on it. Everything is rumor but I do extensive research on my bike purchases and even being the 2017 busa so far has leaked the least info about the bike compared to any other bike I researched for purchasing the following is my opinion on whats coming for 2017.  First lets state whats verified through a few India contacts and internet leaks. The new busa will be lighter. It will have a different frame and more aerodynamic body style. Thats all I even half know. I know Suzuki will not do turbo or supercharger before larger displacement, so im guessing 1500cc engine. So the missing weight will obviously be lighter frame material and more compact and lighter material full exhaust. While i actually like the analog display its gotta go and I think this is the year we will see a very large all digital display with added indicators tire pressure oil life ect. The wheels are another weight horror most stock bikes are forced to suffer with, hopefull Suzuki will be one of the first, minus H2 bike, where a superior looking and performing full exhaust comes stock along with lightweight wheels. Other than frame material and smaller brakes which isnt possible on busa nowhere else they can take weight away especially if we see a larger displacement engine. While the busa has always been a modding dream its time Suzuki takes back the king of the road title in stock form for supersport tour. For me no matter what the 2017 brings I will have one, 2500 non refundable deposit paid last month. Will be first Busa I owned coming from many years of gsxr1000s, a few yamaha R1s and FZR1000s and my very first bike a 88 honda vfr750 when i was 16 with no motorcycle endorcement.

Anyone else planning to grab a 2017 Busa?

Offline Red

• Post Master
    • http://www.revival.tv
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2016, 11:09:48 AM »

I say go with a 1476 cc set up. 

The Hayabusa set the bar back in 1999.

Yeah I know there are a lot of faster bikes that come stock stronger than the 08 Hayabusas redesign.

But I think the Hayabusa is best for modding.

Look at what always going down the drag strip.

Don't get me wrong the Kawasaki, ZX 10, ZX 14, H2 and BMW 1000 rr hold their own.

But I really think it comes down to rider. #Ridermod

It is the best bike for modifying.

It rules in Pro Street and it rules in LSR.

Until you meet that one 90lb weakling riding one of those litre bikes .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Rare I know .  .  .  .  . 

But no matter how much mad skill you have .  .  .  .  .

It doesn't help quite enough .  .  .   

:hys:

Next years ZX 14 R will be down 10 horse power ~ due to Euro 4 limitations, so don't bank on more power .  .  . 

1999 Prostar West Super Gas Champion !
2000 NMRA / Prostar Pro E/T runner up.
2001, 2002, & 2003 NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2004 #3, 2005, & 2006 NMRA Pro E/T runner up.
2007 Pro. St. Legal #6, NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2008 MDRA Super Streetbike Champion !

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2016, 03:29:20 PM »
Still can't get used to those piss cup fluid reservoirs most manufacturers use,look like shit. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.