Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: oil light stay on  (Read 6332 times)

Offline butchersbulldogs

• Rider
oil light stay on
« on: August 05, 2016, 07:26:46 PM »
hi all I'm having problems with my oil light . the light stays on I have un hooked the wire still on . i know i have oil press i have a gauge run off front main gallery and it holds  steady pressure it was sitting in my house for atleast a year it was not doing this before cold start its pressure is around 100psi warm idle is around 10psi at 1200rpm
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:29:35 PM by butchersbulldogs »

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: oil light stay on
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 07:34:57 PM »
Likely needs a new sending unit (really just a switch).   Ground the wire and see if it goes off.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline busa2001

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 08:28:45 PM »
if you unhook the wire the light will remain on as its a GND switch(its looking for a GND to turn the light off)..do as John says and GND the wire you unhooked from the sensor the light should go off.

Offline butchersbulldogs

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 07:48:06 PM »
thanks ill give that a try the book just tells you to ground the wire to the motor to check if pressure switch is bad that's all it tell you on the switch and light thanks for the information I'm all over this hope its that easy thanks

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 02:56:03 PM »
i think u guys got it backwards  i just replaced the oil sending unit on my bike , when u ground the wire the light should come on not off, i think his wire has shorted to the bike some where, it looks for a ground to turn it on

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/236-05-06-gsx-r1000/266143-oil-pressure-switch.html
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 03:02:45 PM by TT »
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline butchersbulldogs

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 09:50:22 PM »
will oil light on throw my bike into limp mode or hurt anything with my ecu were it wont run right I cant find what is keeping my oil light on so I was thinking of going on a test run to see what happens whats the werst that could happen

Offline butchersbulldogs

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 10:01:55 PM »
I cant find oil press switches in any of the bike sites can you clean it up with something it didn't start happening til after it sat fore a long time when I went in to the  hospital for a short stay when I came home I chaned the oil and the light stay on

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 09:49:09 AM »
OEM part number for Gen 1.

37820-33D10
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 06:42:38 PM »
I cant find oil press switches in any of the bike sites can you clean it up with something it didn't start happening til after it sat fore a long time when I went in to the  hospital for a short stay when I came home I chaned the oil and the light stay on
You say since you changed the oil the light is staying on? did you also change the oil filter?.........was there any trouble with it before the oil & filter change? if there was no problem I would closely check the oil filter you put on, most sending units will turn the light on at 4-6lbs..........you can pull the sender and with the wire hooked up and grounded, you can LIGHTLY shoot some shop air into the sender and see if your light go's off, you can also try to screw in some sort of manual gauge and ck it, but I would look at the filter if it started as you say
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:52:00 PM by Rocketgeezer »
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 06:55:27 PM »
You say since you changed the oil the light is staying on? did you also change the oil filter?.........was there any trouble with it before the oil & filter change? if there was no problem I would closely check the oil filter you put on, most sending units will turn the light on at 4-6lbs..........you can pull the sender and with the wire hooked up and grounded, you can LIGHTLY shoot some shop air into the sender and see if your light go's off, you can also try to screw in some sort of manual gauge and ck it, but I would look at the filter if it started as you say
I did not see your first post saying you also had a gauge on it, those single wire sending units are fairly generic, you may ck out the auto supply shops and see if you can get one that screws in and adapt the wire to it
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline butchersbulldogs

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 11:09:41 AM »
I have a ss oil filter that comes apart and I check it every time it comes off its opened and inspected for anything I was going to try running it with the  light on I just didn't know if the ecu would let me

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 02:17:22 PM »
It's a completely independent circuit, it doesn't mess with the ECU.
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline butchersbulldogs

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 04:06:29 PM »
 :tu:

Offline butchersbulldogs

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 04:18:12 PM »
i know its been a long time I just wanted to update I had the wire pinched behind the clutch cover something stupid I overlooked sorry it took so long to update ive been in and out off hospital  and the bike ben out of reach thanks for all of your help and comments they realy do help catch things you don't think of or overlook

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 11:58:02 AM »
i think u guys got it backwards  i just replaced the oil sending unit on my bike , when u ground the wire the light should come on not off, i think his wire has shorted to the bike some where, it looks for a ground to turn it on

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/236-05-06-gsx-r1000/266143-oil-pressure-switch.html
:thumb: :thumb:
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers