Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: opinions please  (Read 27893 times)

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
Re: opinions please
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2016, 11:09:10 PM »
Bearing material wont stick to a magnet.  The motor will tell you what happened when you take it apart.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2016, 07:54:29 AM »
The material that was stuck to the drain plug.
OK but still as I was asking was it a deeper hammer kind of noise or just a tick, that stuff could be bearing material but without the fine grindings that would go with it (the oil looks like metalflake paint) it would not seem so, if the bearing where bad enough to get into the backing, that's the part of the bearing that's magnetic, the motor would be hammering so load you would defiantly know it.... you sound like you know tools, so get motor out and tear it down and see what you got, you could get a manual or there's you tube videos that tells everything
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2016, 11:18:29 AM »
I suggested cutting the filter apart, it will tell you a lot about your motor.  If it is full of metal, tear the motor down and find out what went wrong.  How much metal was on the plug... how much was in the oil?
Did you say you had a flat pan? If the arm is swinging freely, it could be sucking air... if not and is at the front, you may have uncovered the opening. 
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »
The material that was stuck to the drain plug.
OK but still as I was asking was it a deeper hammer kind of noise or just a tick, that stuff could be bearing material but without the fine grindings that would go with it (the oil looks like metalflake paint) it would not seem so, if the bearing where bad enough to get into the backing, that's the part of the bearing that's magnetic, the motor would be hammering so load you would defiantly know it.... you sound like you know tools, so get motor out and tear it down and see what you got, you could get a manual or there's you tube videos that tells everything

The tick is so low I have to stick my ear down by the motor to hear it. I haven't looked through the oil yet. I'll get on it Monday
Now , Knecum powered . Fire in tha hole !

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2016, 11:27:17 AM »
I suggested cutting the filter apart, it will tell you a lot about your motor.  If it is full of metal, tear the motor down and find out what went wrong.  How much metal was on the plug... how much was in the oil?
Did you say you had a flat pan? If the arm is swinging freely, it could be sucking air... if not and is at the front, you may have uncovered the opening.

Yes, I've got a flat pan. I'm gonna drop the pan , go through the oil Mon. Also cut the filter and check it

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 07:57:33 AM »
any update on this ?

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »
any update on this ?

No, nothing yet . I'm still deciding is it even worth it to me to have to drop another 2k in it. I may just part it out and be done.

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 03:55:24 PM »
you will get your money back if you part it out but i would take it apart just to see what the issue is.  If you part it out, your gonna take it apart anyway.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »
any update on this ?

No, nothing yet . I'm still deciding is it even worth it to me to have to drop another 2k in it. I may just part it out and be done.
I know where your at, and I 100% completely understand, been there more than once, in fact several times, both with the race car and the Busa, but I still have the Busa and I wish I could afford another race car, cause I'd have one in a minuet, as always its mostly money or lack of it, and I do not have it in me anymore to keep up a car like that I would almost need a crew, maybe two guys at least, then have to pay them...........keep the bike tear it down fix it yourself if you can, cause sooner than you know it you will be old broken down and not give a fuck anymore, at least if you keep it do halfway decent with it you will have something to talk about when you get to be old broken down and not give a fuck anymore.
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 10:12:05 PM »
Quote from: C_Henry link=topic=165642.msg1591119#msg1591119 date=148390g3783
any update on this ?

I know where your at, and I 100% completely understand, been there more than once, in fact several times, both with the race car and the Busa, but I still have the Busa and I wish I could afford another race car, cause I'd have one in a minuet, as always its mostly money or lack of it, and I do not have it in me anymore to keep up a car like that I would almost need a crew, maybe two guys at least, then have to pay them...........keep the bike tear it down fix it yourself if you can, cause sooner than you know it you will be old broken down and not give a fuck anymore, at least if you keep it do halfway decent with it you will have something to talk about when you get to be old broken down and not give a fuck anymore.

:tu:

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 08:11:13 AM »
Man that sucks  buddy. I know the feeling, I couldn't  get mine right for years finally got fed  up and sold it all off. The rolling chassis sold a month ago. I hope you get yours sorted out though.

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 08:13:39 AM »
Man that sucks  buddy. I know the feeling, I couldn't  get mine right for years finally got fed  up and sold it all off. The rolling chassis sold a month ago. I hope you get yours sorted out though.

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 10:39:50 AM »
If the motor didnt lock up and the ticking is very light, it can probably be saved.

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2017, 08:20:01 PM »
I strained the oil and there's more metal in it. Also brass looking small flakes.  :(

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2017, 10:38:24 PM »
I know that's not good, but since I can't build a motor I don't have any advise to offer...I feel your pain as my bike has caused me suffering as well...Good luck with whatever direction you decide to go...
Getting "Blown" is a hell-of-a drug...STUNNAH...

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2017, 10:53:59 PM »
I know that's not good, but since I can't build a motor I don't have any advise to offer...I feel your pain as my bike has caused me suffering as well...Good luck with whatever direction you decide to go...

Thanks ! I really don't know what I'm gonna do with it right now.

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2017, 12:33:38 AM »

Thanks ! I really don't know what I'm gonna do with it right now.
I understand it's a hard decision to make, damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2017, 02:06:13 PM »
What size crank?

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2017, 01:53:37 PM »

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2017, 12:55:30 AM »
Made any plans yet...I messed around and found a great deal on a '08 Orange/Black had to get it...Still got the "STUNGUN" and plan on getting it fixed right...So now I've got both Gen's and might get the 3rd Gen if they ever upgrade...The 2nd Gen I bought already had most of Brock's upgrades clutch mod, exhaust, lowering links, aftermarket seat and some stuff...I'm just going to put swingarm ext's on and lower it another inch and it will be a wrap on it, no power mods, just for the street...

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2017, 07:51:23 AM »
Made any plans yet...I messed around and found a great deal on a '08 Orange/Black had to get it...Still got the "STUNGUN" and plan on getting it fixed right...So now I've got both Gen's and might get the 3rd Gen if they ever upgrade...The 2nd Gen I bought already had most of Brock's upgrades clutch mod, exhaust, lowering links, aftermarket seat and some stuff...I'm just going to put swingarm ext's on and lower it another inch and it will be a wrap on it, no power mods, just for the street...

No, no plans yet. Still saving $$

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2017, 06:45:29 PM »
Was it a weld up crank?...just curious...

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2017, 06:48:50 PM »
Sorry..i already asked you the question......just get a gen2 crank if you can not afford a billet......those phucking weld ups gave a lot of folks ...headaches...

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2017, 09:15:05 PM »
Sorry..i already asked you the question......just get a gen2 crank if you can not afford a billet......those phucking weld ups gave a lot of folks ...headaches...

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2017, 09:18:40 PM »
Funny how the racing mind thinks , lol ! I'm thinking this is a chance to try another route, like a nitrous 1441 . I've heard alot of good about them. And since I'm having to start over anyway , wth !