Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: stator gromet leak  (Read 2614 times)

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
stator gromet leak
« on: December 09, 2016, 02:54:01 PM »
replaced my stator this past summer where the wires goes thru the rubber grommet its leaking ( in between the wire and the grommet, not the outside of the grommet), any one have any tips on how to stop the leak??  i was going to remove the stator and snot the back side of the grommet with snot
any ideas??????????
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: stator gromet leak
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 08:13:50 AM »
replaced my stator this past summer where the wires goes thru the rubber grommet its leaking ( in between the wire and the grommet, not the outside of the grommet), any one have any tips on how to stop the leak??  i was going to remove the stator and snot the back side of the grommet with snot
any ideas??????????
If I remember the grommet is supposed to be molded to the wires, so it would not leak, since yours has come loose, your snot solution is about it except if you want to replace the stator and harness
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »
Are the wires loose in the rubber?  If so, I would pull them to the oil side, clean them with acetone or lacquer thinner, put a little "Suzuki Dukie" on them and pull them back in place. 
How much is it leaking?  Is the rotor cooling oil jet in place or is too much oil going into the area
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 03:00:39 PM »
Are the wires loose in the rubber?  If so, I would pull them to the oil side, clean them with acetone or lacquer thinner, put a little "Suzuki Dukie" on them and pull them back in place. 
How much is it leaking?  Is the rotor cooling oil jet in place or is too much oil going into the area
loose wires, it was an aftermarket stator ( amazon )  works fine besides the leak
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers