Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How thick of a spacer needed for gen 2 motor in gen 1 frame?  (Read 5798 times)

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
How thick of a spacer needed for gen 2 motor in gen 1 frame?
« on: January 14, 2017, 06:40:20 AM »
To shim the motor over for the.chain to line up..few said 125 but it doesn't seem enough..

Lmk asap..thx in advance

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: How thick of a spacer needed for gen 2 motor in gen 1 frame?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 07:40:58 AM »
Howdy Ed,long time/no see :lol:,

I found some posting on here from a few years back where dave393 was dealing with these issues,not sure how it ended up but may help(see bottom couple of posts on page).

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=160694.0
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 09:31:42 AM »
What's up jeff..yea haven't been on here in a while. .not much new to see about busa's ..:(

Just picked up a gen-2..need a motor for it but putting a gen2 in a gen 1 and need see..was hoping someone knew off hand ..

And thx for the link.ima go check it out..
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:33:53 AM by E-RACER »

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 09:55:19 AM »
Yeah,been pretty slow,a lot of the OG's don't show up much anymore.When you get it sorted out I'd be interested in what you had to do for future reference bro,I know Chris(blk02ws6)put a Gen II motor in a Gen I frame a few years back and there was some chain/frame clearance issues but not sure how he sorted it out. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 12:00:01 PM »
So far its just been mounting the gauges,not to bad.turning the smog plates around.and seeing how far over it has to go..and gen 2 sprocket cover and im using gen 2 radiator. .

I remember spening every waking hour on this site!..now most people are on facebook.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »
Sounds good Ed.I'm not on Facebook(layin' low from some ex's :lol:)and still check this board probably a dozen times a day,too bad it's slowed down so much.

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 07:18:20 PM »
Sounds good Ed.I'm not on Facebook(layin' low from some ex's :lol:)and still check this board probably a dozen times a day,too bad it's slowed down so much.

I'm not there either .... This is from a retired IT guy.  Facebook is the devil, so much of your information is sold to interest outside the US that it is unbelievable.  Facebook also drives folks to "likemindess" groups so they are NEVER exposed to alternate believes or view points. (Hence the foolishness going on in the US now).
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 09:18:28 PM »
 :thumb:

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 09:33:14 AM »
Facebook ended with the movie about it's creator and the other weasels involved for anybody who cares. Why trust the untrustworthy? The information gathered now looks deeper into who you are than you realize. The possibilities are world changing.

I hope you find your swap spacer info here E, good luck with the projects. Please update us and post answer on this topic.
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 11:06:50 AM »
 :thumb:

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 11:31:01 AM »
Agreed, Assbook has caused more problems than what it is worth.
When you get older (wiser?) there are somethings you wish would go away or stay private.
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 12:10:22 PM »
Heck yes..there all up in our business on fb..i don't post personal stuff on there mostly  bike related stuff. .people put to much of there lives in there and wonder why there's so much drama..

From what i can find spacer have be 190..im.see how that goes

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 05:05:18 PM »
To shim the motor over for the.chain to line up..few said 125 but it doesn't seem enough..

Lmk asap..thx in advance
If you cannot get a definite answer and you have the eng and frame mocked up, see if you can get to a car/truck alignment shop, and see if they may have some misc shims you can buy, and shim the eng till the chain is lined up, then pull the temp shims and make some for permanent use, 
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 01:27:59 AM »
.200 spacers worked for me..have remove pair plates to get motor up in there. .mod fairing stay for gen 2 gauges..relocate rectifier..i used 08 fuel pump in gen 1 tank..used gen. 2 tail so.that was a lil.easier for stuff going in trunk plastic..ecu tip over switch ect..gen 2 sprocket.cover also..the gen 1 key ing and fromt harmess plugged right in and worked.with no issue..hande bar switches have hole in top not bottom for the pin ..i was able.spin bars cause top clamp.was aftermarket
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:29:42 AM by E-RACER »

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 02:39:07 PM »
Yo Eddie...  Whazzz UPPP! :)
2000 turbo-busa, RCC Stg 2 intercooled, 319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@28lbs
Texas Mile March 09, 225.906 mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14lbs

2013 BMW S1000rr, Brocks CT exh, 185hp

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 12:55:52 AM »
Gen2 accommodates the stroke increase of 2mm by using a smaller diameter wrist pin and locates it higher in the piston (less compression height on the piston). There is no difference In deck height or mounting locations of the engine.

John
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning