Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: clutch actuation rod seal leak  (Read 3981 times)

Offline Kuma

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
clutch actuation rod seal leak
« on: February 21, 2017, 03:27:59 PM »
Long story short,  sprocket threw the chain, broke clutch actuation rod, now the seal leaks, more like pours.
 I know to fix it right the case needs to be split, was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and were you able to do something to fix?
 I'm thinking of using another seal, cut the OD down to fit in from the outside and bonding it to the leaking seal, worth a shot?

Now if it has to come apart, anyone know of someone in the Socal area? and if that happens then I figure the gears should be back cut at the same time, really don't want to crack this motor open

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
Re: clutch actuation rod seal leak
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:21:21 AM »
A quick temporary fix is to just glob sealant all over it.  You will eventually need to split the cases to replace it.  You should freshen up the motor while you have it open.

Offline Kuma

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:16:03 AM »
any recommendations for the sealant? I would guess one of the RTV rated for oil? grease up the rod as a release agent, or would I be better off getting a piece of drill rod about .015" smaller diameter and use that for setting the fix, then there may be a bit more tension on the fix to hold back the oil?

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 09:30:24 AM »
is it leaking from the hole in the seal or the outer part of the seal?

Offline Kuma

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 03:11:23 PM »
from the hole where the rod goes through