Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Bought Myself A New Toy  (Read 21341 times)

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Bought Myself A New Toy
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »
Took it out for about a 1/2 hour this morning and got a little more ballsy,gonna wait 'til I get the suspension dialed in,etc. and take it to a dirt track in Elsinore before I hammer it. :lol:It's only about 10 miles from the house and can ride all day for $30,be a good place to get some practice in.

http://www.racele.com/

Think I'm gonna blow off Race Tech and take it to Precision Concepts in Riverside(about 25 miles from the house)for the suspension and just have them go over it from end to end(tune,etc.),have heard they're pretty good with dirt bikes.

http://precisionconceptsracing.com/

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2017, 01:16:41 PM »
I hear ya man ... enjoy ... BE CAREFULL !!!
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »
I just keep coming back looking for the, "well, I certainly am not as young as I used to be and this happened"  pics.
 :afro:
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2017, 08:27:24 PM »
 :crackup:   :uploaded_shooting: :uploaded_shooting: :uploaded_shooting:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 08:29:47 PM »
I hear ya man ... enjoy ... BE CAREFULL !!!

Never even started the 'ol Busa this last weekend bro,guess it's just the something new thing. :lol: :punk:

Offline Red

• Post Master
    • http://www.revival.tv
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2017, 09:27:30 AM »

That's the way I've always seen it too bro,nobody gets out alive. :lol:  :uploaded_shooting:

Found a pretty good website dealing with dirt bikes called Thumper Talk:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forums/forum/221-dirt-bike/

Yeah, that's what we need ~ another forum to post in .  .  .
1999 Prostar West Super Gas Champion !
2000 NMRA / Prostar Pro E/T runner up.
2001, 2002, & 2003 NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2004 #3, 2005, & 2006 NMRA Pro E/T runner up.
2007 Pro. St. Legal #6, NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2008 MDRA Super Streetbike Champion !

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »
Thumper talk rocks, has for years.

Remember Jeff, nothing good ever happens after the phrase "watch this!"
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline Red

• Post Master
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2017, 10:11:44 AM »

Thumper talk rocks,
has for years.

Remember Jeff,
nothing good ever happens after the phrase "watch this!"

Might have less than a half dozen posts over there .  .  .

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 12:11:32 PM »
thats why i have a little one to keep me from doing something to stupid .. or the "watch this" ...lol

aka ... the pitbike
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 12:40:20 PM »
And I got to say in all honesty O would not mind taking one out for a rip, but I don't cause I know its going to hurt after,.............got a bud at work that got one of those super motards, (dirt bike with street tires) that's cool but right now it would just be another toy to spend money on that I ain't got, .............at least I got the beast ready for summer, new plugs, tires, wheel bearings, rebuilt the calipers, new brakes, was going to take it up the interstate where the LEOs set up one of those auto speed checker wagons but it's a old one and only has two digits,(99 mph) so I didn't bother, no matter since I got that new fuel system right its been running great, feels better than when it got on the dyno, don't know when I'd get to a dyno now as the guy who's stuff I used retired, he was older than us, and sold his equipment, .................you just make sure you keep the shiny side UP....... :D

Hey what's with these kids these days? I thought it was just me, but stupid isn't even good enough to describe them. I find so few that are worth my breath on any subject.
 Can't fix, don't want to fix, and don't even want to learn!
 When we're gone it's going to be a disaster
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2017, 04:52:17 PM »
Thumper talk rocks, has for years.

Remember Jeff, nothing good ever happens after the phrase "watch this!"

thats why i have a little one to keep me from doing something to stupid .. or the "watch this" ...lol

aka ... the pitbike

:lol:  :thumb:

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2017, 03:09:29 AM »
And I got to say in all honesty O would not mind taking one out for a rip, but I don't cause I know its going to hurt after,.............got a bud at work that got one of those super motards, (dirt bike with street tires) that's cool but right now it would just be another toy to spend money on that I ain't got, .............at least I got the beast ready for summer, new plugs, tires, wheel bearings, rebuilt the calipers, new brakes, was going to take it up the interstate where the LEOs set up one of those auto speed checker wagons but it's a old one and only has two digits,(99 mph) so I didn't bother, no matter since I got that new fuel system right its been running great, feels better than when it got on the dyno, don't know when I'd get to a dyno now as the guy who's stuff I used retired, he was older than us, and sold his equipment, .................you just make sure you keep the shiny side UP....... :D

Hey what's with these kids these days? I thought it was just me, but stupid isn't even good enough to describe them. I find so few that are worth my breath on any subject.
 Can't fix, don't want to fix, and don't even want to learn!
 When we're gone it's going to be a disaster
Ain't that the truth!!!
Getting "Blown" is a hell-of-a drug...STUNNAH...

Offline Red

• Post Master
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 12:02:46 PM »

That's why I have a little one to keep me from doing something too stupid .  .  . or the "watch this" .  .  .  lol

aka .  .  . The Pit Bike .

Everyone should have a " Pit Bike " ~ something smaller to ride around on .  .  .

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2017, 07:55:19 AM »
Couple of pics of my new toy,thing feels like a bicycle on steroids. :crackup:Fooled around with it yesterday and changed engine oil and filter,trans. fluid,new Uni air filter,lubed chain,etc.(way easier than on the Busa :lol:).Still need to throw a new plug in it and take it into a shop for a valve check,suspension overhaul(springs,fork seals,etc.),new tires,and just a general going over.Thing is a hoot to ride. :rockwoot:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2017, 06:26:54 PM »
Got it ready to go now guys,new(stiffer)springs in forks and rear shock,fork seals,new tires,valves checked,added a billet kick stand that folds up behind the left rear panel,etc.,etc.,etc.,into this thing for $4,000 now and hoping I get a chance to try it out this weekend. :lol:

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2017, 07:43:17 PM »
Looks good man.

Don't shoot yer eye out! :Axe_anim:
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2017, 08:40:33 PM »
 :crackup:

Thanks John Boy.This little bike fascinates the shit out of me for some reason(probably because I've only owned Busas for the last 15 years),gets more attention than the Busa now.

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2017, 02:13:20 AM »
Looks good to go...Be careful on it... :tu:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2017, 04:59:48 AM »
Thanks bro,and I'm gonna be takin' baby steps on it for a while. :lol:

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2017, 06:22:45 PM »

That Super Duke I bought, is like a giant super motard!
 It feels twitchy light, effortless to ride, and absorbs the road making all roads feel like new pavement!
 Absolutely the most fun bike I've ever rode!
 It's no Busa, but it's worth the money !! Go Check one out Dave
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2017, 12:35:56 AM »
 :fiddy: are your nuts hating you yet... :LolLolLolLol:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2017, 06:39:44 AM »
Nope,but my right leg is. :lol:Took it to Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park yesterday and made a few laps around one of the tracks(they have 5 there),killed it and restarted on the first kick.Tried it on a different course and killed it on the 2nd lap(had just watered/graded the surface and got caught up in some big clods in a tight turn),kicked it about a 100 times and ended up pushing it about a 1/4 mile back to the Jeep(thought I was gonna stroke out bro,a lot of work when you're 63/250 lbs.,wearing those big ass heavy boots[caked in mud],and already worn out from those fucking 100 kicks :crackup:).Gonna pull/change the spark plug out today,may as well start there.Usually when it's cold it'll start within 1-6 kicks and when hot have restarted it on 1 kick using the "hot start" lever next to the clutch lever,but not so yesterday(thinking I flooded it,which they say is pretty easy).I would've killed for an electric start yesterday bro,like the guy parked next to me had on his new KTM 450. :punk: :uploaded_shooting: :uploaded_shooting: :uploaded_shooting: :uploaded_shooting: :uploaded_shooting: :uploaded_shooting: :uploaded_shooting:

...and to add insult to injury,after I loaded that bitch up realized I had forgotten to close the damned tailgate so had to unload the bastard again.Ridin' the Busa is way easier. :crackup:

Offline Red

• Post Master
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2018, 10:41:03 AM »
If we get some rain this year to soften up our dirt ~ we will need to go out riding in the hills *

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2018, 02:29:05 PM »
It's that time old man,get one of yours ready. :uploaded_shooting: :uploaded_shooting: :uploaded_shooting:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 02:39:02 PM by piratediverjefff »