Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Lake Gairdner results?  (Read 3984 times)

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
Lake Gairdner results?
« on: March 11, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
Greg, Jim how did the Black Art team do at Lake Gairdner?
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
Re: Lake Gairdner results?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 06:52:56 PM »
Kim went 202.979mph on the Turboed 750,, Jim went 201.432 on the same bike,, Greg didn't get a pass  on the Busa due to problems,, also the H2R was a noshow, I'm sure one of the team will give a full update on here in the near future  :bike:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle 200mph at Bonneville,,

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 02:40:36 PM »
Richard Assen was testing, went a easy 208+ without bodywork  8)

First Australian to ride a motorcycle 200mph at Bonneville,,

Offline firemanjim

• Post Whore
    • Black Art Racing
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 03:11:31 PM »
Gairdner was good--and bad---Greg was having issues sorting his Busa and trying to get he H-2 back together and dynoed. I arrived thursday and we started wrenching hard friday morn. Chasing a miss on the Busa we replaced plugs, ignition module, coils, and ecu with no luck so ended up replacing entire wiring harness and back to the Gen 2 ecu from the past and finally got good runs on the dyno. I worked on getting rearsets made and bars back on the H-2 readying it for the dyno. It was just coming in with maybe 2 runs to go--(sounding wicked ) when the tuning system tanked. This set-up required a internet connection to tune and we think THEIR server went down, so no ignition etc. Left it on the dyno, dang it!! (Geg has since got it back running, thinking of bringing here this year!)
  We arrived two days late and a bike short at the Salt. I went out first on the Busa running naked and was going well coming into the timing when there was a soft "pop" and it started loosing speed, ran back to pits on a 3 cylinder. Log showed no problems with air/fuel so not sure what happened, but it was done.
  Kim had a couple runs on the 750 and had some rust to knock off so shen ran 200+ in fifth and the next run had a miss up top. We changed plugs and found a loose ground wires so I took the bike out the next morning( the last day) and it was good through fourth but would not pull fifth. Seems the boost controller was playing up. There was not time to do anymore so we packed it up and headed for home.

It was a great time and saw lots of friends. ----AND--- got a 2 club hat from Down Under to add to the collection!!! :banana:
Official Site Tuner

Home of one of the fastest 750cc bikes in the world
239MPH faired, 217MPH naked!
Bonneville 200 Club
El Mirage 200 Club
Mojave Mile 200 Club
Mojave Magnum 200 Club
NEDRA 100 MPH Club
Gairdner 200MPH Achiever 2013
2014 1st place Mojave Mile N/A bike
2015 top speed trophy at WOS
Colorado mile 200 MPH club
2017 DLRA 200 MPH club
2018 Shift Sector 200 MPH Club

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 10:28:45 AM »
Cool, thanks for the update too bad about the issues and congrates on the new lid. :tu:
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 03:50:29 PM »
Finally getting on top of the H2 issues , You will probably see it in person this season Mike , seeing as it missed running here i am thinking of taking it to Bonneville
Official Site Donor

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 06:49:29 PM »
What class could you run that in? Would you be able to run it in P-BG or P-BF? Or do you have to go the MPS, APS route.

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 06:59:32 PM »
Is going to be A or APS
Official Site Donor