Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Busa / GSXR options.....  (Read 2263 times)

Offline blackdeath

• Rider
Busa / GSXR options.....
« on: April 30, 2017, 04:03:12 PM »
Back story.
It's been a while since I've been in this forum.  And back then i did not pay much attention to Busa related items.
I raced my 05 GSXR1000 with head work for years until a busted oil pan caused a spun bearing.  Instead of fixing the bike I stored it and bought a 08 busa that my now wife could ride with me instead of fixing a drag bike with a plate.  Since then I've been dying to have my dragbike back and a job change is helping make that a possibility.  So now I've got decisions to make.

Currently I have a full 05gsxr1000 roller chassis with
0.5 offset forks,
Scott's damper,
12 over Trac arm,
Battery relocated to headlight location.
Catalyst lowered tank.
All catalyst bodywork.
Candy red powder coat all around.

Motor wise I've got
2 full 05 1000 buildable motors.
Back cut 04 transmission.
Yosh stage r type r cams
Full headwork, port, polish, decked, yada yada yada.

Question 1:
Reliability and longevity.  What would get the most power on pump gas and not be a maintenance nightmare?  Gen2 Busa or anything that fits in a 05 GSXR1000 frame is on the table.

Question 2:
If I go the Busa rout will gsxr tripple clamps and swingarm retrofit to a gen2 Busa? 
Live Fast ; Die Stupid

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Busa / GSXR options.....
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 04:27:12 PM »
The hayabusa will likely be a better platform for reliable power. We usually do an in-house ported head and cams on them, with or without an over bore. Very reliable on pump gas other than some cases in extreme heat stop and go with the over bore option.

As for the front end, it should fit. The gsxr is slightly barrow er than and hayabusa. We run the gsxr spread on our Prostreet turbo bikes.

Are you planning to still rode on the street with it or just track?

John
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline blackdeath

• Rider
Re: Busa / GSXR options.....
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 08:55:29 PM »
It will not be a true street bike like my thousand onece was.  My 08 is a touring bike and my 600 is a play bike.  This will be a minimal street use track bike.  But now that I have a job that will let me build a bike.  I don't have time for an ungodly high maintenance one.

Crazy bill at port tech will get the work.  Ive been very happy with his past work.
Live Fast ; Die Stupid