Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Hey yezz old bastids..........  (Read 48161 times)

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
Re: Hey yezz old bastids..........
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 10:08:28 AM »
Ready to reinstall. Ceramic coating is sweeet!

Hope to keep the heat down, this and a Gen II radiator should help I think.
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 10:29:34 PM »
I read a article from GM a while back that said they didn't plan on overhead cams due  GM wanting to keep that big block sound, and still be able to out perform the foreign sports car with a push rod motor, the biggest change is will they go to a mid engine(ZR1) for better traction  and power to weight ratio? that would put them over the top, I believe there is a twin turbo coming for the next ZR1, how else can they beat hellcat, demon, etc? That's the only way, the ctsv, Ford eco  boost, are all pointing to some serious stuff coming down the pipe line. And Suzuki has admitted to looking and testing turbo chargers for the 2018 Hayabusa, not since the B-King has this been talked about.  Suzuki has to due something about the H2R/H2,  I'm even starting to look at the H2 on cycle trader used $ are going down to 20k maybe and a year or two 15/16$K flash it pipe it 250/260 hp :FIREdevil:

How much hp is your Hayabusa putting out ? I have thought about building a Turbo 300 hp low boost and 400 high boost.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:34:06 PM by Revalot # 1 »
Member since Oct 29, 2002, Im in Texas
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R
Im Following Jesus, wana come ?

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 08:57:48 AM »
I'm at the "low boost" according to you nutz-o's! 12 PSI is all.
 I am with stock wheel base and a GSXR1K tail so I lightened it and love the short wheel base as I built it for riding! I never take it out without putting at least 120 miles, most of the time over 200!

I did shave the head a bit when I did my valve job and port. So it's quite lively and fun as hell. After redegreeing the cams, my boost is seemless!

I can't wait to put it all back together, I've had it apart for a month.
Other then oil changes, I hadn't tore into it since I put the turbo on back in 2012, it's been running flawless up until it started it's "when hot hard starting" BS.

After long rides it became hard to start and ran like shit, so I would pull off the fuel return line and let the vapor out then it would run fine. I decided to double insulate the fuel lines and get rid of all that excess heat, no reason for that. That's when I decided to ceramic coat the header and turbo housing. A heat blanket for good measure as well!

It also will help spool up supposedly. I will keep you updated.

As far as the cars go, Gm would really improve if they for one made the heads so you could get access to the lifters without having to pull them off!
 Also if they would use better parts from the factory. But we both know that probably won't happen!
 If they do I'll run out of work haha
 Had my first Eco-beast 3.5 apart the other day. They hadn't changed oil for some time the block was full of sludge.
 Spun a main. Ooops. I line bored it. Would you believe the main journal was 2.851 diameter! A big block Chev 454 is 2.9
 Race bearing coated, from the factory! Hell of a block and crank is heavy as hell! Very impressive!
 Both I and the shop owner that brought it out agreed we would own one without question!
 Gotta give Ford credit, they are damn smooth, and have a shit ton of power! I've never been a small engine or anything less then a V8, but for every day use they have their merit.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:01:04 AM by Falcon-A »

Offline Busa-N2O

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 09:59:37 AM »
:thumb:

I don't believe I've seen that color of corvette. Is that a factory color?

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 10:55:38 AM »
Falcon-A  sounds like ford has some great stuff there building,  One last question for you, have you worked on any 2013/2014 GT500 with the 5.8 trinity motor, and what do you think of them, I guess that's two ?s  I thought about buying one. Thanks !
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 11:37:41 AM »
Falcon-A  sounds like ford has some great stuff there building,  One last question for you, have you worked on any 2013/2014 GT500 with the 5.8 trinity motor, and what do you think of them, I guess that's two ?s  I thought about buying one. Thanks !
See now that's the interesting thing. We (all shops I work with) rarely work on Ford stuff. It's few and far in between.
 Now there are two people around here that have those, and they love em! I haven't heard anything bad whatsoever!

I grew up a Chevy lover! Everyone I know hangout with etc... was the same way.
 My whole family was. I will stress WAS!
 Nobody in my immediate, or even extended family will have a GM product. I kid you not. I personally don't care but I have noticed over the years how many friends have switched over especially the trucks. Lots of Dodge around these parts too!

If I had to make a living rebuilding Ford engines we'd ALL be broke! Not much goes wrong as long as you do oil changes with GOOD OIL!!
 Nothing is perfect, but everything has flaws, but we see the most with GM hands down!
 I was BSing with a buddy who owns three shops. He and I both laughed about it when we were discussing it. He said he has made his living off mostly Gm stuff for decades! It's a secret in the industry very few will admit. The techs love them because they all have the same problems so they are easy to diagnose and repair. We can stock the parts as well because it's the same same same continuously!

Now it's getting tougher because there are quite a few variations in the LS that makes them different even though they are the same.

Since the Bailout I think hatred has increased to the level of salesman quitting because of it. One good friend is a salesman and he switched because he said between recalls and people bitching about the bailout he couldn't take it anymore.

He now works at a Ford,Chrysler Jeep dealer and is very successful!
 I am sharing this because I think you guys are outstanding and we have the same interests. Otherwise I wouldn't say anything about it. Take it for what it is. \

BTW I was going to buy one myself, I went and looked at one and it was the only one they had and it already was on hold. Stripped down bare ass version for $45,000! That was extremely tempting!

I bought an Audi Cabriolet and absolutely love it. It's not near as fast but all wheel drive 40 valve V8 and quiet as can be with the most kick ass stereo and seats! I have never loved a car as much as I love this!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:47:11 AM by Falcon-A »

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2017, 12:17:14 AM »
Thanks for the honest reply  ! I'm a die hard Toyota man myself,  I keep atleast 3-4 around,  I have a 07 5.7 Crewmax I got new, now 153k miles, 2012 Sequoia 5.7, and a new Toyota camry, I've had a new Tacoma back in the day I put 215k and sold it for 6 grand, a Sienna that we put 260k, on, a corolla etc. I like to work on my on stuff. Toyota cost more but last 3 times as long

I have my 72 chevelle,  a 68 C10 for sale, and I'm debating on a 1970 chevelle convertible or a convertible  2013/14 GT500 and a few years, the style of the 70 is way cooler but a new muscle car would be sweet as well. Plus I got leave room for the next generation Hayabusa  which will come sooner or later ! Take care guys and gals Revalot out !!
ZX14R

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 06:34:22 PM »
:thumb:

I don't believe I've seen that color of corvette. Is that a factory color?

Mine is Carlisle Blue. It's a factory color but an upgraded paint option that you have to pay for, hence it's rarity.
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 07:52:18 PM »
Thanks for the honest reply  ! I'm a die hard Toyota man myself,  I keep atleast 3-4 around,  I have a 07 5.7 Crewmax I got new, now 153k miles, 2012 Sequoia 5.7, and a new Toyota camry, I've had a new Tacoma back in the day I put 215k and sold it for 6 grand, a Sienna that we put 260k, on, a corolla etc. I like to work on my on stuff. Toyota cost more but last 3 times as long

I have my 72 chevelle,  a 68 C10 for sale, and I'm debating on a 1970 chevelle convertible or a convertible  2013/14 GT500 and a few years, the style of the 70 is way cooler but a new muscle car would be sweet as well. Plus I got leave room for the next generation Hayabusa  which will come sooner or later ! Take care guys and gals Revalot out !!

Toyotas are just plain awesome! Even the cars like the Camry has a very well built engine!
 Imports are very good but sometimes the parts are a little spendy.
 Run good oil, change often and do all other maintenance at least on time, or if you want to keep it cut the owners manuals suggested intervals.

Classic muscle cars are a lot of fun and you can build the heck out of them!

I considered a new Busa as well, but I'm keeping the one I have. Have way too much invested!

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »
Cleaning up and refinishing everything cosmetic on this ole jalopy.

Swingarm, front and rear sets, catch can are all going to the powder coater this week...  I'm going to sand/repaint the lower fork legs, finish detailing the frame as best I can with it all together...Then start reassembling while I wait for the body to come back from the painter, and then its off to the graphics shop to replicate the 00' blue-chrome Kanjis....   

The cost is racking up for sure..I've spent over $200 just on new oem fasteners, grommets, plastic knick knacks etc...  I even bought a new old stock gauge bezel and shipping it here from Austrailia....

She's gonna be perfect when its all done... :D
2000 turbo-busa, RCC Stg 2 intercooled, 319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@28lbs
Texas Mile March 09, 225.906 mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14lbs

2013 BMW S1000rr, Brocks CT exh, 185hp

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2017, 12:02:36 AM »
Looking good  ! Is that a 19 tooth front sprocket ? Suzuki makes the best motorcycles, GSXR 1127, 01 GSXR 1K, 2005 1K GSXR, are classic, I had a chance to buy the last 1127 in my home town,  I passed and got a new FZR 1k, it was great. But I always wished I would have got the air/oil cooled bike after I rode one.
ZX14R

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2017, 10:02:39 PM »
 Yes it's a 19t front.  I run a 47t rear on the street, but then I can go to a 40t and shorten the chain for LSR stuff.

Yeah I had a black/silver 01' 1000 that I loved.  I had it for 7 years and 13k miles. I sold it for a new BMW s1000rr and kind of regret it.  I really miss the looks/comfort of the older bikes.

I'm slowly chipping away at the detail stuff on the busa, really held up now waiting on the swing arm to come back from powder coating.  The body/paint is still about 2wks out.

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2017, 07:58:36 AM »
ZX-ALAN  keep up the good work and never ever sell that hayabusa  !
ZX14R

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2017, 09:12:49 AM »
What color are you power coaching coating the swing arm?

It will be a gloss silver color...Pretty close to the factory rear sets paint color.

It should look just like it did before...

I'm also replicating the 00' paint scheme, however the blue will be a House of Colors, "Cobalt" blue candy..Its a little lighter, a lot more "blue" and deeper....It should pop a bit more.  I'm having a graphics shop trying to replicate the 00' blue-chrome kanji as best they can.

The goal was to replicate both the 00' appearance, and how I have kept the bike for the last 13-14 years in style.....but add just a bit of flavor to it.

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2017, 09:15:23 AM »
ZX-ALAN  keep up the good work and never ever sell that hayabusa  !

Naw.... I'll never sell it.. Hell I've owned it 17.5 years at this point, I bought it new in Feb '00. Its been turboed since Jun 04'.... I've done a lot of stuff with this bike...39k miles of hauling ass, drag racing, amateur land speed stuff, road trips etc... Its a part of me....Even if I haven't rode it much in recent years.

Offline busa2001

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:44 PM »
What color are you power coaching coating the swing arm?

It will be a gloss silver color...Pretty close to the factory rear sets paint color.

It should look just like it did before...

I'm also replicating the 00' paint scheme, however the blue will be a House of Colors, "Cobalt" blue candy..Its a little lighter, a lot more "blue" and deeper....It should pop a bit more.  I'm having a graphics shop trying to replicate the 00' blue-chrome kanji as best they can.

The goal was to replicate both the 00' appearance, and how I have kept the bike for the last 13-14 years in style.....but add just a bit of flavor to it.
Awesome...looking forward to seeing the finish product. :thumb:

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2017, 10:12:28 AM »
Update. Got her all back together. Valves are clearanced and bumped the boost a bit.

Love the Autometer #5750 as its movement is fluid and stable making it easy to read. NOT FLUID FILLED> IT's electric. Works awesome!

I can honestly say, if you guys haven't ceramic coated your headers and turbo housings, DO IT!

Boost is there all the time. Heck even riding a straight line at 60 mph my boost gauge shows a pound. So spool up is right from the get go! No boost transition or lag or spit or sputter it's there it's seemless and it's crisp and smooth!!

It's so damn much fun to ride that I hated to get off! It's worth every penny I can't stress that enough!!   :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:38:38 PM by Falcon-A »

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2017, 11:46:30 PM »
Looks great  !
ZX14R

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2017, 08:55:24 AM »
Thanks! I can't believe how much difference it made! Huge difference.

My bro put a $1200 ceramic exhaust manifold on his semi, and told me it was incredible. I couldn't imagine that you could even notice that on a semi. Now I believe him! 

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2017, 11:47:55 PM »
So I'm finally making progress..... After spending 10 days on the road in my 71' Vette for the Hot Rod Power tour, I'm back to working on turdbo.

Finally got the body work back from paint...   Oem suzuki silver / Kobalt Candy blue

Swing arm powder coated and back on.

And I got one of the graphics on.  These came from Boss Dog Graphics and were as close as I could get to the oem 2000 graphics.  They look pretty good, and a pain in the ass to put on.

I also have the chrome "GSX 1300" and red chrome" R" for the tail to install still...

Current situation....

Painting the lower fork legs, cleaning/detailing everything up front and get ready for reassmbly.

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2017, 12:32:40 AM »
ZX-ALAN looking good !! Cobalt blue is poping,  the busa  will look better than new,  and you went to the hot rod power tour, I noticed the add for DFW I should have rolled my LS chevelle up, looks like I will be joining the turbo club, I have twins S256sx  coming for my LQ4, LS9 headgaskets, ARP bolts, Pac 1218, etc,etc. If all goes well a turbo Busa is probably down the road if next year Busa is a bust.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:34:11 AM by Revalot # 1 »
ZX14R

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2017, 03:06:09 PM »
Making a little progress.... I finally got the decals on..

About as close to the factory decal locations as I could get them.

I got the forks stripped down and repainted, new bolts etc..

Got some metallic in it for bling...

Now I'm waiting on the front wheel to come back from the chrome shop, get the new tire on it and get it on the bike, then I'll start putting the body on it.
Also waiting on the rear sets and catch can to come back from the powder coater.  I bought some Xpel clear film I'm gonna attempt to cover the lower fairing strike zones with and a new "Tank Slapper" for the tank.

Hopefully 2-3 weeks and I'll be done.  Just chipping away at it.