Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Engine Mounting Question  (Read 3577 times)

Offline donpearsall

• Rider
Engine Mounting Question
« on: May 29, 2017, 02:01:44 PM »
I am building a new LSR racing frame mostly from scratch and using my 2003 Busa turbo motor. In order to get the engine real low and the primary sprocket still aligned with the rear sprocket I have to tilt the engine forward about 20 degrees. Are there any problems with this beside oil pickup? It will be like going down a steep hill all the time.

The oil pickup will be covered when not running, but what I am not sure of is will it still be covered at full RPM? I have the McIntosh oil pan which holds more oil than stock, but the flat bottom will be tilted.

Thanks,
Don

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
Re: Engine Mounting Question
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 05:04:04 PM »
Don personally i would cut the pan and fit a 20 deg wedge and extend the pickup to suit

while the slight angle change may have no effect , your realy only going to know when you get out there , and you cant afford to find out then that it is a problem

My pan now holds 7 litres to stop the cavitation and oil pressure reduction  i was seeing at high rpm on the long track from the 4 mile untill the rpm dropped below 7500 on the slow down 
Official Site Donor

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 05:09:28 PM »
New frame sounds good. Blank canvas gives a lot of room for improvement,
 Did you see the pics from Aussie Speedweek that show Richard Assens new frame , Neeler in front of the motor gets it very low , shakedown runs as a naked bike got over 200 easily
Official Site Donor

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »
Option 2... build a dry sump set up for it.
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000