TECHNICAL > GEN II BUSA

NEED HELP WITH THE BIKE.. HAVING AN ISSUE WITH IT RUNNING LEAN AND OVERHEATING

(1/2) > >>

BLU88:
bike is a 2013
So over the winter i built a racebike..  1441  motor set up to eventually spray the motor with nitrous.
so this season been working thru some rider rust from not drag racing in about 5 years.

now to the issue with the bike. i had a powercommander for the tuning of the bike. i had been having some overheating issues so we thought it was a blown head gasket.
took the bike back to the engine builder, cause i also wanted it tuned with the ecu.  as soon as he got the bike he checked and no blown head gasket. bike is just runnign verry lean. .... here comes the problem .. we cant figure out why the bike is running so lean.

1. had the injectors refurbished and flow checked
2.replace the fuel pump with a new one
3.replace fuel pump with new aftermarket fuel pump
4.replaced ecu with a new one
5.tuned thru ecu as well as tried with powercommander.

need help and other ideas as to what could be the issue of not being able to get enough fuel to not run lean .... as this time i will not be able to put any nitrous to the bike and also need to figure out the running lean issue.

any ideas are welcomed.
thanks blu88

sportbikeryder:
It isn't responding even with a power commander? Check the fuel pressure I guess.

Does the bike rev up and make power or is it off the chart lean?

Stainless1:
did you eliminate or bypass the clutch switch when you set it up for racing? 

BLU88:

--- Quote from: sportbikeryder on July 19, 2017, 12:23:58 PM ---It isn't responding even with a power commander? Check the fuel pressure I guess.

Does the bike rev up and make power or is it off the chart lean?

--- End quote ---

Bike runs and makes power.. just lean off the charts and then runs hot.  set the bike up for spray and to lean to even try to spray :(
fuel pressure is good also.

BLU88:

--- Quote from: Stainless1 on July 19, 2017, 10:35:22 PM ---did you eliminate or bypass the clutch switch when you set it up for racing?

--- End quote ---

so help me when you say clutch switch .. .so i am not calling it something else and what is the function of bypassing the clutch switch?

how would that cause it to run lean ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version