Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: MotoGP 2017 England  (Read 17594 times)

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
MotoGP 2017 England
« on: August 02, 2017, 07:17:27 AM »
As its my birthday on the Saturday before Silverstone race day, my little lady is taking me to see MotoGP on Sunday.
Ain't she nice?  :D  :thumb:

We planned it a bit differently this year after my shite experience of access in 2015. When Rossi won  :uploaded_shooting:
 :huepfenicon111:  :huepfenicon111:  :huepfenicon111:  :huepfenicon111:  :huepfenicon111:
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: MotoGP 2017 England
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 06:34:37 PM »
 :birthday:  Lucky bastich!  Have a great time!  Go Rossi!
Ride em if ya got em

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 08:31:42 AM »
...and my boy Marquez for the win! :rockwoot: :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 08:29:20 AM »

Provided Rossi does not crash Marquez out.................... :Axe_anim:.
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »
They seem to be over that squabble now(and Rossi won't want to have to start at the back again :lol:).
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 03:01:42 AM »
If it doesn't rain Marky Mark may have an outside chance  :teufel095:
I will be thinking of you guys as we sit in Luffield stand with a good view of the finish line.
Cannot wait !!!!
Got my new phone now and the camera is superb. After 2 years with a Samsung I've gone back with Sony because their camera is unbeatable imho.
Yeah its got special software to compensate for old buggers with a bit of shake going on.  :biggrin:

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 03:03:02 AM »

Provided Rossi does not crash Marquez out.................... :Axe_anim:.

Hey ! Good to see you !

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 07:33:39 AM »
I will be thinking of you guys as we sit in Luffield stand with a good view of the finish line.
Cannot wait !!!!
Got my new phone now and the camera is superb. After 2 years with a Samsung I've gone back with Sony because their camera is unbeatable imho.
Yeah its got special software to compensate for old buggers with a bit of shake going on.  :biggrin:

I'm jealous big dude,I think the only GP race we have left over here is the COTA in Texas(the motherfuckers :uploaded_shooting:).

...put Marquez and any other rider on the SAME bike and Marquez would win 6 out of 10 races. :rockwoot:

PS...Marquez just took pole position(again)in qualifying. :teasing9ip: :lol:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:54:03 AM by piratediverjefff »

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 08:12:00 AM »
Awesome race right down to the wire. :rockwoot:

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 04:10:19 PM »
Awesome race right down to the wire. :rockwoot:

Apparently  :tu:
I will be checking that out later.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 04:16:00 PM »
Cannot wait !!!!

I'm jealous big dude,I think the only GP race we have left over here is the COTA in Texas(the motherfuckers :uploaded_shooting:).

...put Marquez and any other rider on the SAME bike and Marquez would win 6 out of 10 races. :rockwoot:

Where you live is so fucking huge unless people have plenty of time off work and plenty of money its a non starter.
We are lucky to live a 40 minute drive from the circuit on a good day. I have to go back for the atmosphere its unreal.
Even so by the time we bought decent seats and parking it was £250 for us two..... that's $325.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:19:19 PM by HOS »

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 04:18:42 PM »
Seeing as the Circuit of Wales isn't happening anytime soon, its going to be Silverstone for a few years yet.
Unless Donnington gets a look in? Still doable for us in terms of travel distance.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 04:21:39 PM »
Off topic, but Silverstone has rejected holding the F1 race from 2019.
The circuit owners say they can't keep running it at a loss every year.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jul/11/silverstone-f1-british-grand-prix-break-clause
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:25:38 PM by HOS »

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »
Cannot wait !!!!

Where you live is so fucking huge unless people have plenty of time off work and plenty of money its a non starter.
We are lucky to live a 40 minute drive from the circuit on a good day. I have to go back for the atmosphere its unreal.
Even so by the time we bought decent seats and parking it was £250 for us two..... that's $325.

Cannot wait !!!!

You got that right bro,my house to the COTA is almost 1400 miles so that's out(even Sonoma,CA is almost 500 miles,never made it there either while they were still holding GP races).

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 05:10:14 PM »
The size of your country is beyond comprehension to most of us.
I am sad I will not achieve my ambition of going over and seeing some places.
There are some advantages to living on a small island. The patchwork quilt of crazy twisty roads is one of em.
You know the Brits ride like madmen  :D Road warriors  :lol:

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
Just got home from the east coast of England and chilling out on my birthday today ready for tomorrow's racing.
We are in the Lufield stand right by the last bend before the finish line. A good choice I would say by my little lady.
I hope the new 23mp camera can outsmart my cack-handedness and rubbish eye sight. We can dream hey.

That's it for now. Make sure to tune in because it's MotoGP circus time again  8)

The Monday it's bank holiday and we are watching stocks and banger racing and the caravan demolition GP. It's f'nuts but a great day out.

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 03:38:31 PM »
There are some advantages to living on a small island. The patchwork quilt of crazy twisty roads is one of em.

I live about 23 miles from Yosemite NP (talking about "crazy twisty roads") which are everywhere around the Sierra Nevada mountain range, so if you can get over here I have a spare room and a CBX and a Hayabusa to ride.  Lots of tree lined two lanes to ride! :bike:
Ride em if ya got em

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 04:16:07 PM »

I live about 23 miles from Yosemite NP (talking about "crazy twisty roads") which are everywhere around the Sierra Nevada mountain range, so if you can get over here I have a spare room and a CBX and a Hayabusa to ride.  Lots of tree lined two lanes to ride! :bike:

That's a very kind offer sport, but sadly my health and mobility problems are bad enough not to allow me to fly.
Have you ever watched BSB racing at Cadwell Park in England? That's less twisty and less hilly than roads we use.
there are quite a few well known biker roads around the midlands. They are harder than a full work out.
I was wrestling with the Buell on one local minor road. That;s an undesignated road. I had to roll off the Buell's throttle in the end,
I knew I was going to back it into a hedge or launch it!   Addictive roads and very little traffic in the day.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 01:28:25 PM »
At Silverstone today the temperature on the track was 40 degrees. I'm sorry but we don't recognise those numbers ere in England where the weather is always pissy and cold.
No spoilers but there are some surprises in today's race.
It was absofukinlutely packed out today!!!!
What a blast of a day.
Bolloxed now and looking quite lobster-esque.

Tomorrow's agenda is stock cars, banger racing and caravan demolition derby. Small track though guys.

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 02:20:08 PM »
Just finished watching the race.  What great weather!  Kind of a let down watching the GOAT lead for 17 laps but at least he stayed on the podium.  Dovi is getting to be a really good rider.  Riding a bike with 3-4 more horsepower is also a big help...

BTW, what is "banger racing"?  I know what you call caravans are trailers over here but banger racing?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:22:05 PM by Sport »
Ride em if ya got em

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »

There was a lot of screaming for the old man and we sat near a crowd of Italians who were a bit emosh.
Dovi is really getting on with the Duke, good to see someone has. :tu:
The weather, the track, the food, the sights were all perfect ! ! A perfect day.

Banger racing is where a load of stripped out and beat up old cars with basic roll cages made from scaffold tubes, beat the hell out of each other on the oval dirt track
converted to a figure of 8 track. There is considerable scope for madness and mayhem. Those farm boys certainly let the raging bull out on the track.  :lol:
Not for anyone of a nervous disposition to watch though. The sound of hard impacts is one you never forget having experienced a few myself.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2017, 02:54:15 PM »

2016 banger racing at Brafield raceway.

http://www.youtube.com/v/9i_Sf2A0V9k

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2017, 04:31:00 PM »

Bangers with caravans  :D

http://www.youtube.com/v/gJHOojTZ9fs

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 04:37:23 PM »

A scorcher of a day.
Perfect weather.

First photo a general view from our seats.
2nd photo is of a large pastie with cheese and bacon filling.  My lunch, keep ya hands off !