Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKE ON EARTH  (Read 41309 times)

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
Re: FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKE ON EARTH
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2017, 03:31:12 PM »
Greg Neal has the worlds fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile naturally aspirated 650 class speeds of 190.9 and 195.6 respectively. Chew on those numbers...
222.66 MPH at the Ohio Mile
201.52 MPH in the 1/2 Mile
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000

Offline Nosgsx1300

• Mad Post Whore
  • RCC GT4088R WHOOOT
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »
Greg Neal has the worlds fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile naturally aspirated 650 class speeds of 190.9 and 195.6 respectively. Chew on those numbers...

650  :nannybobo:
RCC GT4088R
2011 Loring 204.88mph "naked"
2015 Loring 220.01743 MPH Faired in fifth gear

Offline osti33

• Post Master
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2017, 07:13:52 AM »
Great job Steve and Larry.

Congrats to you both!!!  :tu:
2 Club member x 5
Bonneville, Loring, ECTA, Texas, Mojave

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2017, 07:48:55 AM »
As unpopular as I or my opinions may be at least there discussions are starting and some are able to see that we do need to police our selves and compare Apple's to apples, have some sense of regulation and rules instead of several racers making the same claim.  Just last week at the Colorado Mile a racer ran high 240's and claimed the track record which is correct. There are several of the  earth or world fastest production bikes , who has validity?

I have an idea.  If I read the FIM rules correctly, while they have some very specific regulations about the venue size, I do believe that Loring, Maine meets the venue requirements for the standing mile.  Why don't you check and see what it would cost to have FIM to be present for an event at Loring?
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »
That would be great if someone got the FIM involved in these events. Cost would be high and Their track requirements are strick. 

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:45:29 AM by AlterEgo »
I am my own AlterEgo

Offline Nosgsx1300

• Mad Post Whore
  • RCC GT4088R WHOOOT
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2017, 08:59:26 AM »
I thought the biggest problem was they insist on running both directions
most track will have a problem with that

RCC GT4088R

Offline AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2017, 10:50:40 AM »
"OEM Engine Displacement", read, "OEM ENGINE DISPLACEMENT" determines the displacement class for competition,,

I guess their rules are pick and choose the ones you comply with.
Pretty soon Club LSR will become a shit show like NASCAR and pro wrestling.
I am my own AlterEgo

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2017, 01:22:43 PM »

FIM World Records have been set at Elvington,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle 200mph at Bonneville,,

Offline AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2017, 06:59:27 PM »

Fabricated records?   I'm done with trying to explain what we've been doing for years in multiple venues.  Just  Google me!!  No more comments from me. SMH!!

Rules is rules, play within them and theres nothing to explain,,
[/quote]

True. 
I am my own AlterEgo

Offline AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2017, 07:29:50 PM »
Straight from Wikipedia!!!  Describing Professional Wresting and how it used to be a valid sport, do we want the same for Motorcycle Land Speed Racing?  I think not.

Professional wrestling in the United States, until the 1920s, was viewed as a legitimate sport. This view did not endure into the 1930s, as professional wrestling became identified with modern theatrics, or "admitted fakeness" ("kayfabe"), moving away from being a showcase for true competition. The scripted nature of the art has made critics view it as an illegitimate sport, particularly in comparison to boxing, mixed martial arts, amateur wrestling, and the real sport itself, wrestling. No major promoter or wrestler denies that modern professional wrestling has predetermined match outcomes.
I am my own AlterEgo

Offline AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2017, 07:31:49 PM »

FIM World Records have been set at Elvington,,

Where is it?   Is it a dry lake bed?
I am my own AlterEgo

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:46:46 PM by MJ Williams »
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline KZScott

• Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2017, 11:27:10 AM »
Ive contacted the LTA race director and the event director and they say running a production bike in an engine displacement class above what the oem size falls into makes it ILLEGAL. so the maximum size for a hayabusa or zx12 would be 1350cc. the max size for a 14 would be the 1650 class.  A Hayabusa bigger than 1350cc has to run in MPS in the appropriate displacement class even if it appears to be oem. They allow running up in displacement in other classes as theres no oem size limit rule in those, just Production. 

Sorry Steve, its a great accomplishment, but you entered a class that was not available. I was thinking about building a 1650 production bike with a friend, but using his 12 would render that illegal as well.

01 ZX-12R 8.84 @ 156.3 on dot tires, pump gas, NO power adders.... turbo 8.47 @ 164
00 ZX-12R 8.62 @ 165.2 no bars, slicks, Pump Gas, 55 shot... turbo 8.32 @ 173
00 ZX-12R  1: 222.046 1.5: 226.390 Loring AFB Worlds Fastest NA Kawasaki
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1  1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
Fabricator/Engine builder @ RCC Turbos

Offline AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2017, 12:00:32 PM »
@Scott,,   Interesting,,, I bet that makes a lot of prior records invalid.  Again,, we all need to protect the validity of our sport.
I am my own AlterEgo

Offline AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2017, 12:55:39 PM »
  :fiddy:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:58:50 PM by AlterEgo »
I am my own AlterEgo

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2017, 01:49:01 PM »
World records are only sanctioned by the FIM, period....

Is that some generally agreed upon thing or is it just a statement made by FIM to get folks to pay for their services?
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2017, 02:27:41 PM »
Ive contacted the LTA race director and the event director and they say running a production bike in an engine displacement class above what the oem size falls into makes it ILLEGAL. so the maximum size for a hayabusa or zx12 would be 1350cc. the max size for a 14 would be the 1650 class.  A Hayabusa bigger than 1350cc has to run in MPS in the appropriate displacement class even if it appears to be oem. They allow running up in displacement in other classes as theres no oem size limit rule in those, just Production. 

Sorry Steve, its a great accomplishment, but you entered a class that was not available. I was thinking about building a 1650 production bike with a friend, but using his 12 would render that illegal as well.

Whats funny is, I told the event director my engine size right to his face. He knew I was running Production and my exact engine size and I passed tech. I think we hurt some feelings with my 220+ speed ! For someone that doesn't run the class and to go out of his way to  make sure that I am certainly in a wrong class, for I assume mainly because I went 220. I ran 220 with a stock appearing,  foot shifting, stock height  Production bodied class motorcycle. I didn't enter the 1350 class, I didn't spray NOS, I used VP race fuel. I didn't do anything different then I have since the Maxton days of doing the same thing, and there are other racers that hold records in the Prod class that are stll in the books of Ohio and LTA that run strokers. So they are invalid as well?

How is it fair for a 14 to be able to stroke and bore their motor to 1650 and run PP 1650?. That means only a 14 would hold the Prod records in PP1650 class.  It would only make sense to allow a Busa to do the same thing. So you say a Busa couldn't even run up a class to 1650?, but a 14 can be bored and stroked. Thats just stupid. I think if maybe I would've kept it to a speed of 210, there wouldn't be big stink about all this. My goal was to go the fastest as a Production bodied bike and I did it!!! regardless of the class CC limit rules that you inforced. Maybe you should start analyzing the current record book for some more illegal entrants.

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2017, 02:32:23 PM »

Is that some generally agreed upon thing or is it just a statement made by FIM to get folks to pay for their services?

That means even in all of NHRA and IDBL they are not World Records are they ? They are club records and I would be ok with that!! They are Personal Records for me, thats all that matters. I've had FIM records, they were broke like records are meant to be

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2017, 02:44:26 PM »

and isn't it funny how FIM uses SCTA timing equipment on the same track as SCTA for their own "world" records?
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline Nosgsx1300

• Mad Post Whore
  • RCC GT4088R WHOOOT
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2017, 03:59:53 PM »

That means even in all of NHRA and IDBL they are not World Records are they ? They are club records and I would be ok with that!! They are Personal Records for me, thats all that matters. I've had FIM records, they were broke like records are meant to be

Very true about records being meant to be broken,   I land speed race for me.  I have a long term goal and if someone goes faster than me , yes I have a momentary paing of jealousy But then smile and am happy for them.  I have never told anyone I have a "world record"  I HAD a naked record at Loring, 
I am Not a fan of "one governing body"  in sport.   

RCC GT4088R

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2017, 04:58:05 PM »

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2017, 11:27:10 AM »

Ive contacted the LTA race director and the event director and they say running a production bike in an engine displacement class above what the oem size falls into makes it ILLEGAL.

One Adam 12, One Adam 12, see the man that complaining about a Prod Bodied Busa going about as fast as an MPS bike!!  :moon:

Offline KZScott

• Post Whore
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2017, 05:11:22 PM »

Whats funny is, I told the event director my engine size right to his face. He knew I was running Production and my exact engine size and I passed tech. I think we hurt some feelings with my 220+ speed ! For someone that doesn't run the class and to go out of his way to  make sure that I am certainly in a wrong class, for I assume mainly because I went 220. I ran 220 with a stock appearing,  foot shifting, stock height  Production bodied class motorcycle. I didn't enter the 1350 class, I didn't spray NOS, I used VP race fuel. I didn't do anything different then I have since the Maxton days of doing the same thing, and there are other racers that hold records in the Prod class that are stll in the books of Ohio and LTA that run strokers. So they are invalid as well?

How is it fair for a 14 to be able to stroke and bore their motor to 1650 and run PP 1650?. That means only a 14 would hold the Prod records in PP1650 class.  It would only make sense to allow a Busa to do the same thing. So you say a Busa couldn't even run up a class to 1650?, but a 14 can be bored and stroked. Thats just stupid. I think if maybe I would've kept it to a speed of 210, there wouldn't be big stink about all this. My goal was to go the fastest as a Production bodied bike and I did it!!! regardless of the class CC limit rules that you inforced. Maybe you should start analyzing the current record book for some more illegal entrants.

I would guess they forgot about the rule as running in bigger displacement classes is common and allowed in MPS and APS. However most people building bikes for a specific class tend to look at the rules... Im guessing you forgot about the rule as well, or (unlikely) you hoped nobody would call you on it. I didnt even know it existed until it was mentioned in this thread and i looked it up.  Like i said above, Im interested in doing a production bike with a friend, so im now interested in the rules as i dont want to take an illegal bike like you did.

regardless of what you consider stupid, a zx14 is under the 1650cc limit and over 1350cc so yes it can be made bigger, the same as any other bike that falls in that class. so you dont have to worry about any 14s taking a legit 1350 production record. you may need to be wary of a 12 ;)

ps how am I enforcing rules? im just talking about it.
im perfectly fine with you claiming to have the worlds fastest production looking bike, you did a great job building and driving. but claiming worlds fastest production bike is a bit of a lie if it was illegal for the class is it not?? production looking could have a 150 shot added if its stealth and blow that 220 out of the water, hence the need for rules and classes
01 ZX-12R 8.84 @ 156.3 on dot tires, pump gas, NO power adders.... turbo 8.47 @ 164
00 ZX-12R 8.62 @ 165.2 no bars, slicks, Pump Gas, 55 shot... turbo 8.32 @ 173
00 ZX-12R  1: 222.046 1.5: 226.390 Loring AFB Worlds Fastest NA Kawasaki
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1  1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
Fabricator/Engine builder @ RCC Turbos

Offline AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2017, 05:42:12 PM »
RANT OVER !!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:42:11 PM by AlterEgo »
I am my own AlterEgo

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2017, 06:07:26 PM »
Maxton in its inception, let (ALL) classes bump up an engine size class, not DOWN. This was done to bring in more revenue to the organization. LTA to my knowledge followed the same PAVEMENT rules when it became LTA, as did The Ohio Mile. If you look at the Ohio Mile Pavement records, the Production 1650 and 3000 records exist with engines built like mine, actually one of them I built. These are existing records that are retired. Maxton did the same thing and they are retired as records STILL!!! My records that I broke in the 2000 and 3000 class were EXISTING records, and they were set in 2017 and that person got into the 200MPH club in the class P/P 2000-G  setting a record. They were Production bikes that are built in the same manner as mine. They were stroker mountain motors! That follow the Pavement LSR rules. These are not SCTA rules!!! So that being said, why would all of the sudden my records be invalid when a I broke an existing record that was held by a Prod bike built the same way? Ok so now you want to change the rules, that's fine!! but you would change them for 2018. It would be totally unfair to take my records away when I broke existing records as stated earlier. So what you would do is RETIRE those existing records that has everyone's pantys in a bunch.  That should clear things  up for the existing records and records set in the future for the Production Class.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:51:38 PM by knecum »

Offline AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2017, 06:41:31 PM »
Rant over
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:43:36 PM by AlterEgo »
I am my own AlterEgo