Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: I'm just saying???  (Read 3130 times)

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
I'm just saying???
« on: September 11, 2017, 12:44:12 AM »
Keep in mind that I haven't been able to ride for a long period...So I got the bike out today it needed fuel...Get to the gas station, I'm putting 93* in and I look up at the pump and it's going over $11.50, stopped at an even $12.00...Never looked at the price per gal until I got home $3.18...Not a cheap skate but these oil company's can kiss my :moon:!!!
Getting "Blown" is a hell-of-a drug...STUNNAH...

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
Re: I'm just saying???
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 05:25:10 PM »
Why are you running 93 octane? 87-89 is optimally better. The truth is that the lower octane fuels have better, more optimized burn rate than higher octane fuels on the stock compression engines. You are doing nothing more than throwing hard earned cash away if you do not have a high compression ratio engine. This has been proven here many times over throughout the years. Unless you go into the engine and change components,,, stick with the lower octane fuels, save a buck and get better overall gas mileage.

... just sayin  :wazzup_sg:  :ppcrn:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:28:10 PM by Cookie »
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 08:48:59 PM »
a while back gas was up to around $4.oo a gallon so its still down actually, like $2.50 in my area but I use 87

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 10:34:49 PM »
Keep in mind that I haven't been able to ride for a long period...So I got the bike out today it needed fuel...Get to the gas station, I'm putting 93* in and I look up at the pump and it's going over $11.50, stopped at an even $12.00...Never looked at the price per gal until I got home $3.18...Not a cheap skate but these oil company's can kiss my :moon:!!!

Agree!  I made the mistake of not filling up before leaving my daughter's home in Oxnard and had to fill up in Gorman, on the Grapevine leaving the L.A. Area.  Price was $4.19 a gallon!!!!
Ride em if ya got em