Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKE ON EARTH  (Read 1227 times)

Online AlterEgo

• Rider
Re: FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKE ON EARTH
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2017, 09:06:50 PM »
This guy has the Worlds Fastest production bike. :punk: :deathmetal:

https://www.knfilters.com/news/news.aspx?id=2461
I am my own AlterEgo

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2017, 02:39:43 AM »
Some sections of this thread do appear to be a "rant", (muddying the waters) however this discussion has to be had,, I agree totally with KZScotts comments, thay are factual and right on subject 🙂
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:04:46 AM by FlaminRoo »
First Australian to ride a motorcycle 200mph at Bonneville,,

Online AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2017, 09:42:29 AM »
 A
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:33:14 PM by AlterEgo »
I am my own AlterEgo

Online RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2017, 10:51:12 AM »
So you employ jockeys and don't race your own bikes?
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline speedduck

• Post Whore
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2017, 11:21:00 AM »
Dont you think you have too many different classes in US for land speed bikes.
If you define the bike to last detail what it can have or cant have, there is very small window what the speed will be.

Years ago when i rode my n/a Busa and changed the motor and setup every year, of course to make it faster every time, my friend stepped up with this simulation software, he asked me the power curve, gearing i was using and the weather for the day when the event was. He calculated the speed in less than 1mph, and since then the LSR never been the same for me, no magical speed increases or records anymore, and if there is , you should check the timing , there is always an explanation.

If we had the same rules you have in US, we could stay at home and calculate what the speeds would be.
But, fortunately , there is the weather , and turbos , which can create surprises, also mr Murphy.

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2017, 02:58:30 PM »
Dont you think you have too many different classes in US for land speed bikes.
If you define the bike to last detail what it can have or cant have, there is very small window what the speed will be.

Years ago when i rode my n/a Busa and changed the motor and setup every year, of course to make it faster every time, my friend stepped up with this simulation software, he asked me the power curve, gearing i was using and the weather for the day when the event was. He calculated the speed in less than 1mph, and since then the LSR never been the same for me, no magical speed increases or records anymore, and if there is , you should check the timing , there is always an explanation.

If we had the same rules you have in US, we could stay at home and calculate what the speeds would be.
But, fortunately , there is the weather , and turbos , which can create surprises, also mr Murphy.

No we are fine with the classs. We actually run those speeds, not calculated speeds.

Online Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2017, 03:01:12 PM »
If your meaning SCTA, USFRA, yes there are a lot of classes,AMA is pretty close to them too  ,  FIM is much more simple if you can work out there terminology and actually find the records listed

Official Site Donor

Offline Warp12

• Rider
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2017, 03:02:41 PM »
My opinion is this:

The rulebook says, for PP, "OEM engine displacement determines class for competition."

That would seem to be cut and dry. But if we have people on ZX14R's running PP3000, and getting in the club (which recently occurred, I believe I witnessed)....then I am not sure how we interpret that rule.

For clarity, maybe it needs to be specified in the rulebook..."no running above maximum base class displacement".

As far as what Steve has said, if he told Tim the details, and then Tim allowed it...well, you would have to ask Tim.

Nonetheless, it will all get square, one way or the other, I am sure of that.  :)

Shane

Offline speedduck

• Post Whore
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2017, 03:05:29 PM »

No we are fine with the classs. We actually run those speeds, not calculated speeds.

That is fine then sir, so do we.

It just takes part of the fun out when guy comes to pit and goes through the bikes and says what speeds they will run, and he is mostly right.
But then, the riders know each other for years, and know the builds and projects beforehand, (this also includes drinking beer together)

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2017, 03:30:42 PM »
Thats cool too !!!  As long as we are all having fun right?

Online AlterEgo

• Rider
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2017, 05:05:44 PM »
So you employ jockeys and don't race your own bikes?

Haha, you so funny ;)  they pay me..

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:10:30 PM by AlterEgo »
I am my own AlterEgo

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2017, 06:05:24 PM »
LTA, SCTA and DLRA  rules state that the competitor is responsible for nominating which class he runs in, it is not up to the officials,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle 200mph at Bonneville,,