Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Fuel Pump Won't Shut Off  (Read 4313 times)

Offline heavyd

• Rider
Fuel Pump Won't Shut Off
« on: September 21, 2017, 12:52:00 AM »
I have a 2004 Hayabusa and when I turn the key on the fuel pump comes on and stays on.  I have flashed the ECU several times in the past, and I don't know if that is the problem or not.  I replaced the fuel pump relay and it still continues to run.  When it first started, I had S-2000 injectors in it so I put the stock ones back in with no changes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

Offline Gary Evans

• Rider
    • AzBikeTech
Re: Fuel Pump Won't Shut Off
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 10:57:36 AM »
Yes agreed it sounds like a problem with the ECU which is suppose to initially turn on the pump to prime the system and then turn it off until the motor starts. It could be the ECU limp home mode because there is no problem running it that way until for whatever reason you need the key on without starting the motor.
I actually have a switch to run the pump directly from the battery in case of vapor lock at the high altitudes we have here. My only concern would be that with this having occurred what else might happen with the ECU at the worst possible time. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:26:51 AM by Gary Evans »

Offline heavyd

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 08:33:26 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  That is what I was thinking but before I bought another ECU I wanted some other opinions.

Thanks again.

Dave

Offline heavyd

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 10:44:13 PM »
Yep.  It was the ECU.  I found a used one on ebay for a little over $100.00, plugged it in, the fuel pump cycled and shut off after about 3 seconds.

Thanks for the help.