Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: UK hurricane Ophelia.  (Read 3587 times)

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
UK hurricane Ophelia.
« on: October 17, 2017, 10:09:06 AM »
Nothing at all like the power and devastation of the type seen in the US. My absolute respect goes to all of the US people striving to out their lives back together after the recent multiple hurricane crisis. I'm always thinking about people over there just coping or trying to cope with their losses and the chaos.

Here in mild and moderate England we had our own hurricane which was rated as a "3", nothing in real terms although it has caused several deaths and much damage to property.
We were in Milton Keynes yesterday and the weather was weird. It was not very windy but the light was low and the temperature was high at 23 DegC which is unheard of in the middle of October. It felt like the kind of weather for thunderstorms. But the colour of the cloud was weird. The met office says it was red dust carried by the hurricane from the sahara and from wildfires in Portugal which it passed on the way. The could wasn't red as such, it looked yellowish and greenish at time. Like a chemical cloud colour.
My little lady asked what that burning red orb was in the sky off to the left as I drove back home and so I stopped after a while where it was safe to pull over.
The sun looked like a flat disc although it was less red by then as I took a photo.

I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
Re: UK hurricane Ophelia.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 10:13:34 AM »
Some amazing mages from England as the storm passed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4986150/Eye-100mph-Storm-Ophelia-batters-Britain.html

Caution with the link.
It is the Daily Mail and some of it may not be very work safe. Its a daily UK tabloid ok.
A sort of middle class Sunday Sport.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 10:17:08 AM »
This is one of my favourites of the London Shard in the weird sky,
Spooky aint it?

Offline bowches

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 04:43:48 PM »
really strange colours.....global warming is coming

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 03:52:58 AM »
really strange colours.....global warming is coming

Climate change is happening for certain, but I don't accept it is global warming or mane made.
I think this is just change. It happens.
We've been watching the wild fires and hurricane damage stateside in recent weeks.
Its been shocking and our hurricane was more like a whimper compared to what the US is experiencing.
We are supposed to receive another major storm called Brian in the next few days, yeah only in the UK could they choose a stupid name.
This is Brian...

Offline bowches

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 04:56:31 AM »
LOLLL :hys: STORM BRiAN......at the very least we can see the bad effects of pollution in India and China! You cannot even breathe properly there in some places as I go to India regularly

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 06:27:11 AM »
LOLLL :hys: STORM BRiAN......at the very least we can see the bad effects of pollution in India and China! You cannot even breathe properly there in some places as I go to India regularly

Pollution is really bad here and that might shock some of our US friends. Its not just the cities its everywhere.
Latest investigation says pollution is killing 50,000 people in the UK every year.
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/pollution-air-clean-water-vehicles-diesel-car-tax-lancet-report-deaths-fatal-disease-a8009751.html

I smoked cigarettes from age of 13 to 22 and now my lungs are not good.  I don't think my lungs would be this bad if it wasn't for airbourne pollution.
I am going to buy another Respro Bandit face mask for when I'm out on the bike.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 06:46:39 AM »

I here what you say about India where the regulations for pollution are pretty minimal or none existent.
I remember the Bhopal incident which still causes problems.