Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen II Diagnostic, and SDS reset info.  (Read 4717 times)

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
Gen II Diagnostic, and SDS reset info.
« on: October 29, 2017, 06:08:10 AM »
Hey there !.

Finished the 05' and all is well, thank you Mr. Steve, John, and Jim,

Currently helping a friend tidy up some work he has done on his Gen II.

In his work, he's removed the TPS, and another sensor along side of it. He cleaned his throttle bodies, but didn't adjust anything. Reinstalled them, and now we're trying to get it back to right. I would imagine we have to reset the TPS. No sure about the other electrical sensor next to it

When I reset this Gen II TPS, I'm under the impression that I connect the left diagnostic with the paper clip, then adjust the TPS following the usual display.

When I am finished I am under the impression that I have to clear the code memory/cache via the SDS box, and interface connecting to the right side connector for the SDS.

Does anyone have the basic how-to on how this is done ?. What I'm asking is, is it as simple as installing the software, drivers, and interface then clearing the trouble codes ?.

First time through, and will probably not be the last. Especially when the Gen III comes out.

Need kind off a basic tutorial on how this is done. Also, is ebay as good a place as any to get the cd and interface ?.

Thanks for everything in the past, and future. My 05' restoration, and overhaul could not have come out so perfect if it weren't for you guys.

Adam.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:17:23 AM by LVBUSA »
Amsoil Synthetics / Race Ready Painted Inner Panels / Bagster Tank Protector & Tank Bags / Hump Mod / ZG Double Bubble / Mirror Spacers / +1/2" dogbones / EK ZZZ 530 / Michelin Pilot Road 5's / TL 1000R Pegs / EBC HH Pads / Corbin Saddles /

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Gen II Diagnostic, and SDS reset info.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 07:40:15 AM »
Fault codes aren't stored in the ecu, only displayed when active. No need to "clear" any faults.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 08:35:04 AM »
Hey Morning John !.

So I can adjust the TPS, synch the throttles, and that sort of stuff on the Gen II just like the Gen I ?.

I was under the impression that once I adjusted anything on a Gen II,  I had to clear all stored data in the ecu via the SDS tool.

You taught me a lot John, and the final first build turned out awesome.......

Can I tune the throttles with an ISC Module on a Gen II instead of an SDS
 ?.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:51:33 AM by LVBUSA »
Amsoil Synthetics / Race Ready Painted Inner Panels / Bagster Tank Protector & Tank Bags / Hump Mod / ZG Double Bubble / Mirror Spacers / +1/2" dogbones / EK ZZZ 530 / Michelin Pilot Road 5's / TL 1000R Pegs / EBC HH Pads / Corbin Saddles /

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 07:48:08 AM »
Anybody ?.........

Been reading the Gen II repair manual. Come to find, many of the functions of tuning, and adjustment must be accompanied by either the dealer mode selector switch, or the SDS. Like locking the ISC in place while tuning throttles via the SDS.

Adjustment of the TPS (primary), must be done in dealer mode, like with the Gen I. Secondary TPS is done with a volt meter.

Thus, I'm back at square one trying to understand the functions provided by the SDS, and how to operate it. Like how I clear the DTC's (trouble codes), and how to take it out of limp mode.

If anyone has some experience with the SDS in this area, please chime in. In the meantime, I'll put in an order to China or Japan, via ebay, to get an SDS kit. Take it from there.

Eventually we'll get an understanding going, and get my buddy's Gen II up and running. Then I'll post up the operations for those that need it.

Have a good day all !.

Adam.