TECHNICAL > ALL MOTOR TALK

Bosch 0280158040 flow / latency data

(1/2) > >>

Thomas:
Tested 8 injectors today, used 98 RON at 15-20 degC.

first three injectors are from one batch and the others are from another one. Still have few extra injectors to test.

Thomas:
Re-did the tests once more time, this time they were driven by the busa's ECU.
The injectors are highly non-linear if supplied with less than 8-9V, and the latency is more than 4ms @ 6.5v. That is, it would be hard to start the bike with semi-charged or flat battery.
Anyway here are the numbers are got: 9v 1.93ms, 11.5v 1.325ms, 14v 0.97ms, 16v 0.80ms. This time I used different gasoline and for some reason the injectors flowed 900cc.

RansomT:
Somewhere in Busa ECU coding, there must be a low voltage cut for the injectors.  I've seen a many Busa with dual batteries (24 volt start) not start when the primary battery drops below 11v during cranking even though they crank plenty fast.

Thomas:
The lowest voltage in the latency table is 6.5 V. I didn't dig into low voltage cut, there is definitely low PRM cut.

In my tests @6.5v the bosch injectors had like 400% mismatch (cells filled with red color). In the attachment I tested the injectors with a fuel pump from 350z, the pump turned out to be not up to the job, replaced it with AEM 320lph and redid few tests (cells filled with yellow).

The best option to start with drained battery is to use the FW (can share it if anyone is interested) with disabled "injector prime" feature, then crank it with WOT and while keeping the starter button pushed quickly release the throttle. That helps with low RPM and also with flooded spark plugs.

Oz Booster:
Nice work Thomas
I had 2 sets of those in my methanol busa , and used the published tables which are a lot different  and looked to be very large numbers at the time compared to other latency tables on similar sized and style injectors

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version