Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Beginning on a Busa?  (Read 3359 times)

Offline dross1114

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Beginning on a Busa?
« on: February 02, 2018, 07:35:00 PM »
Hi, new member, 15 years old. I'm saving for a Busa, and yes, I know it's the absolute worst bike to start with. Like learning how to fly by starting with an SR-71. Any advice before I inevitably kill myself?

Offline Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: Beginning on a Busa?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 08:25:26 PM »
Since you asked, buy a used mid size standard in good mechanical shape.  Buy some quality protective gear from head to toe.  Learn to ride, save your money for a Busa (and) the considerable cost of insuring a Busa for a young rider who's never had insurance before.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:27:47 PM by Sport »
Ride em if ya got em

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 09:56:13 PM »
I wont insult you by say your mama must have dropped you on your head or something, but as Sport said it would not be the best decision, forget about its speed, a Busa is a big heavy bike, even if you don't crash you will drop it, probably more than once, and your nice new bike is going to look like shit, and unless your very well set money wise, your insurance alone will cost most of your McDonalds paycheck, in fact there are dudes in there 50s and 60s with Busa's and there ins is sometimes north of 2K a year, I would say get a GSXR 600 to start maybe, but at your age and a new rider's first bike, that's still a bit much, maybe something in the 250-350 range, and then after some learning and if you don't screw it up you can trade for something bigger..........now honestly I have to say I was seventeen once, and I did what I wanted as long as I paid for it, I had a good job, and bought a used Honda 750, it was the Busa of it's day, but I was hardly new to riding, I was maybe 6 or 7 could not touch the ground if I was on the seat of my cousins Vespa, 13-14 I bought a beat to hell Harley XLH, a buddy of my uncle helped me get it running, a rattle can paint job, didn't look bad at all, could barely get it started, ............aw shit I'm just rambling, but seriously I know it would be cool but at your age I would rather have a little coin in my pocket and a 125 MPH bike, rather than no money and a 190 MPH bike..........don't know what else to say except don't be dumb and buy a sensible size bike
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 07:40:27 AM »
Learn to ride a smaller bike.
Learn about road craft. Only riding and experience will teach you that.
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 01:16:32 PM »
Do you have any motorcycle experience at all? You will absolutely wad a hayabusa up. They handle differently than most bikes. Learn to ride something else get a couple years experience and then consider the hayabusa. MOST seasoned riders cannot ride a 600 to 50% of its potential let alone a hayabusa
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 04:51:50 PM »
I would suggest a walk through one of the Motorcycle Insurance Salvage Yards... take something to write on... write down every wrecked motorcycle that has a paper plate on it... Don't start out on any of those...
Learn on something that is already scratched, cheap but in safe riding condition.... under 500cc.  Survive on that one for 6 months or 6000 miles, which ever takes longer.... if you have any type of incident.... start your time over.  Motorcycle riding is fun, but should never be taken lightly... and requires due diligence if you want to survive.... there will only be one person on the road looking out for you!
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline wadewilson

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 01:57:20 AM »
start with something under 175cc first