Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Your builder blows you off for months what do you do ?  (Read 9552 times)

Offline clearblue

• Rider
Your builder blows you off for months what do you do ?
« on: March 05, 2018, 01:45:04 PM »
So I never like to bash anyone and don't ever like to bring things out into a public forum , But how do you get a very good builder that you thought was a upright guy to respond to your texts and fix something on your bike that he is responsible for . I have texts going back from last summer telling me that he would fix the problem that has plagued the bike since the cases were split and reassembled . Last Text was responded to in November and now nothing . I have contacted my layer and he wants me to get the bike fixed somewhere else and then we will go to court for the fix damages travel expenses and so on , I just hate this shit when all it would take is a phone call back or a text   

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: Your builder blows you off for months what do you do ?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 06:25:28 PM »
Well, it's obvious that it will take more than just a "phone call back or a text" because the shop will have to do more work to satisfy you.  That will cost them $$ and they also obviously don't want that expense.  Your lawyer is right.  You'll not only have to have someone else 'fix' the problem, that shop will have to show that the first shop did something wrong, or, didn't do something right that you paid them for.  The best way to avoid this kind of problem is NOT to pay until you're satisfied.  Good luck.
Ride em if ya got em

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 11:52:50 PM »
Well, it's obvious that it will take more than just a "phone call back or a text" because the shop will have to do more work to satisfy you.  That will cost them $$ and they also obviously don't want that expense.  Your lawyer is right.  You'll not only have to have someone else 'fix' the problem, that shop will have to show that the first shop did something wrong, or, didn't do something right that you paid them for.  The best way to avoid this kind of problem is NOT to pay until you're satisfied.  Good luck.

Really can't add any more than this...
Getting "Blown" is a hell-of-a drug...STUNNAH...

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:00:37 AM »
From what you say, you've given him a fair amount of time to respond.
You have two choices? Walk away and cover the cost yourself or seek legal redress.
Sometimes a legal letter from a lawyer is enough.
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 04:52:23 PM »
Letter is going out , Its too bad that he's a builder on this forum and sells his stuff here 

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 06:06:13 PM »
I'm in the process of appointing a lawyer atm on an unrelated issue. Just need to go in and sign the paperwork. It's a ballache I'd rather not have to go through.
But thats life.
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 06:11:51 PM »
Yeah really sucks , when all it would take is a phone call , an explanation just something and a date when to fix the issue

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 08:12:28 PM »
Oil leak

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 08:15:12 PM »
Runs down right side case somewhere on to exhaust lower fairing and pools up on bottom of oil pan , Replaced gaskets on starter and clutch cover and o rings on oil line and the nut by starter

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 07:49:28 PM »
I know its a bitch, but try to find exactly where the leak is coming from, it may or may not be a big deal, I had one of the spark plug well seals out of place once it poured oil, if you can cobb something together, try to pressurize the crankcase, 5PSI max then some soapy water in a squirt bottle and squirt down the leaky area with soapy water
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 08:49:15 PM »
Thanx ,  already tried the leak spray on the case and did not see anything and I could do the dye test but at this point why should I ? Its in the lawyers hands now Its leaked since case was split to do trans,  Bike will go to original builder  (did not do trans) to get checked and fixed right   

Offline Kevin Jones

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 06:37:09 AM »
Thanks for hexing me. Started to develop a notice a leak yesterday after road testing a new high compression build. Got so pissed off trying to find it I had to walk away. I should be used to the aggravation of finding tedious leaks from years of fixing car AC. But those weren't mine.

Offline speedduck

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 01:10:26 PM »
One mystery oil leak we once found was coming from mains bearing bolt, under the copper gasket

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 02:11:20 PM »
So its been a week since my letter went out and no response yet , In a few days I will post it up here so you all know who the builder is and how he fixes the stuff he does wrong , I also have all the text messages saying he would take care of it saved on my phone for proof in court dating back to July of last year

Online ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 08:09:43 PM »
Good luck getting a response. Seems like we've seen this pattern all too much in the past. Sometimes there is not an excuse, but an explanation of failure.
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 06:01:21 PM »
SAE OUTLAW UPDATE! to this whole mess. At the end of 2016 riding season here in NY I blew my transmission I took it to SEA Outlaw and Mike fixed the trans race undercut new forks and shafts , as winter was here the bike went away for the season. In June of 2017 the bike was taken out and ridden and an oil leak appeared to be coming from the right side of my bike. I called Mike right away and Also texted him about the issue (I Have All the Texts saved) he went over a few things that it could be and said he was too jammed up to fix it and in his exact words "It might need a little spludge on the case halfs". The texting went on through July and August and I kept getting excuses, the tied up New shop etc. I then took the bike to another builder for different issue that I wanted checked and had the leak looked for but did not want to pay for an indebt check since it was still in Mikes court (leak not found) September and October bike just sat , Finally in November I got a text back of a pic of his shop being built and I'm all jammed up again text. Now winter comes and goes and I texted him Jan 18 no response, Wed Feb 21 text No response, Monday March 5 No response. So I had my lawyer send him a letter, today April 9th he called my lawyer and said that he will not fix my oil leak since it happened in 2016  and that he will not talk to me because I am harassing him. Being patient and allowing him to stall me has lead to this. See you in court Mike , PS Don't do Business with SAE Outlaw! I will stick with my original builder Steve K     Attached Is Letter !
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:03:50 PM by clearblue »

Offline Kevin Jones

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 06:47:47 PM »
I dabble in building now, I am little fish. My small paint business was getting no work and I sold 2 motors right off the bat. There were issues that had to be addressed. I fixed them free of charge and I learn as I go. And if they were my 100th or 1kth build and human error was involved, I would offer to fix it personally. I am so far from an expert at these motors but I can pull a motor, flip it, split the cases, yamabond it, put it back together (in fact this is how I do transmissions) and its really not much of anything. The cams don't need redegreed. The crank doesn't turn nor does the cam chain. Its pretty simple. A case leak if that is indeed what it is, isn't really that big of a deal to fix in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:56:27 PM by Kevin Jones »

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 07:49:59 PM »
Mike has done a lot of work on my busa’s in the past without and issues or leaks. He has always done top notch work. He built my last turbo motor/trans.  I would recommend him to anyone.
1981 Camaro Z28
1994 Harley-Davidson Sportster
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette
Replacment: 2011 Hayabusa
Stolen: 2004 Hayabusa LE Turbo

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 08:10:02 PM »
Sae outlaw. Hands down one of the best guys I’ve ever dealt with. There’s 2 sides to every story. And somewhere in between lies the truth....

A lawyer for a oil leak.   :smashfreak:  now I’ve heard it all.

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 08:13:50 PM »
Good luck getting a response. Seems like we've seen this pattern all too much in the past. Sometimes there is not an excuse, but an explanation of failure.

And sometimes the other side of the story helps....

But I’m sure the lawyer will figure out thenoul leak. Lol

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 08:45:50 PM »
Was a good guy to me too , he did a bunch of tuning and work on my bike until this , Now my original builder is Very well known , Anyone who knows him will tell you he's  smart and meticulous , so when I brought the bike to him last summer he found this gear in my bike right in front of me , Only other one that had it apart was Mike You judge , I did ask Mike about it and played dumb about it  said I did not put that in there , Only reason it was found was because Builder went to check the degree on the cams and was like WTF     This is not the first thing that I have heard about work done by Mike . Yes I thought he was a stand up guy until now    Gear Pic attached

Offline whtrthanu

• Post Master
    • www.saeoutlawperformance.com
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 09:54:10 PM »
ARE YOU FUCKIN SERIOUS!!!  YOU FUCKIN SMOKE SO.MUCH DOPE YOU CANT EVEN REMEMBER YOUR OWN FUCKIN BIKE.. Being that your such a bullshitting worm ill fill you in on the truth.  My reputation speaks for itself. I stand behind EVERYTHING i do and make. When your bike was fixed in october of 2016 you were fine. Except you were fuckin all twisted over the 1900 bill to repair the trans because you had stock shift shafts that bent. So for 35 bucks you cheaped out on it cost you 1900. Not the 2200 your claiiming. YOUR FIRST LIE. Your second lie is NO ONE touched your cams or checked your cams and found that gear, i was the one who told you about it and replaced it for you. How does that shit even make sense when the motor was built first and then u brought it to me to fix tranny. Yur saying that you brought it after the trans was done? U needed cams degreed? Its bullshit. Thats what i took out of your bike when tranny was done. SECOND LIE. And finally about your lawyer / friend. When i spoke to him today i told him the important info you just convieniently left out. Repair done in oct 2016, why wait till now to say something. The invoice i hqve was for 1900 not 2200, the oil leak can be from anywhere because when it left it was fine. You have 10 million lights and alarms and every other ghetto ass wire job on your bike making it a nightmare. And you can leave out the fact your bike would just shut off because your shit ass wire job shorting out everywhere. But thats my fault too right. But it was doing that before you brought it in. But im.lying about that too. Man the fuck up rooney. Your fuckin butt hurt bad. Because i refused to work on your shit. Yur fuckin lucky rob begged me for months to help you out because you called him day and night asking why i dont return your calls. Because this is why. You want everyone to do all your shit for free. When you try and play the game of bullshit you better have your fuckin lies in order. Because when your own fuckin lawyer flat out says ya, he dont have shit here. It makes you look like a total asshole. And i even told him like i told you for months. I moved into a new shop, did it all myself, it took months because i run both my businesses and this winter was extremely busy for me with snow removal. I told you be patient and ill look at it and get you sorted.  You non stop harrassing me got you no where now. So keep making shit up to try and make me look bad. Theres thousands of customers i have done tons of work for that will tell you i stand behind all my shit. So much i tell them. If you dont like it or it dont make the power i said it would, you dont pay me!  Funny how you posted this right about the time you hung up with your lawyer!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:06:45 PM by whtrthanu »

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 10:58:25 PM »
Sure Mike you can say what you want I have all the texts , You really should man up yourself , talk about BS 1st lie your the one who bashed Steve to me over the shift shafts and why did he not put in billet one's? Remember? Oh I guess not your all jammed up in the fucking head . Man up your just a baby that I used Steve for the 1441 build and did nothing but bad mouth him to me . Oh I make more power on my builds them him , Why cant he tune his own fucking builds Yeah I guess you forgot about all that shit talking right ? I tried to get this worked out with you for a year and a half and nothing but excuses because you needed to fix something you did for free right ? Tell me I smoke too much I bet the house you do way more then me , I don't eat pills and forget shit like you do . So blame my wiring on everything getto ? Shift light , alarm and AFR gauge real getto Loose ground wire big deal , Invoice $1900 Lawyer Yes a friend and personal counsel put $2200 not me By the way I was with him when he called you back so I know exactly what was said smartass , Repair done Oct 2016 yep end of fucking season dirtbag I told you bike was dripping oil on lift while it sat all fucking winter you told me to put a new crush washer on oil pan nut Right asshole ? Soon as spring hit I reminded you of the leak I have the text,  Then in July as it got worse I reminded you but I guess with your ex and your dad and all the other shit ton stuff you used as excuses  you did not have time right? I posted the time line above and have all the corresponding texts .  Then I got the unknown knock and without telling you because of the baby you are I went to Steve who found the fucking gear in the bike ,2nd lie you had no Idea how it got there . Now you want to go on about Rob who dropped off all the sites and had to deal with all his problems and say I begged him to talk to you , not really I just wanted a good tuner and I cant take that away from you . So as your post here says you put me off and you run two business's and were building a new shop all by yourself and you were extremely busy with snow removal all in Black and white for all to see  SAME FUCKING EXCUESES ! you just literally proved my point you were to busy to fix something that would not make you money tona . You can try to argue your way out on here but I have all the texts saved If anyone would like to see them I'm good that way so in two words FUCK OFF         
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:00:01 PM by clearblue »

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 11:03:05 PM »
By the way does this bike look all getto and shitty