Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen II cutout horsepower +/-  (Read 5546 times)

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
Gen II cutout horsepower +/-
« on: March 15, 2018, 01:25:35 PM »
After my tuning "incident" in CO I'm looking at having to do a block and pistons.
I'd like to go 1441 but using the Gen II block seems like a non-starter so I'd have to go Gen I.
My question is what much hp do you give up by using the block without the cutouts?
Anybody have any experience/evidence one way or another.
Thank you
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
Re: Gen II cutout horsepower +/-
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 05:33:43 PM »
The cutouts are just to clear the crank but it will work perfectly on gen2 cases
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 07:46:26 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
It was my understanding that the cutouts at the bottom of the cylinders were to cut down on pumping hp loss by opening the crankcase.
I was wondering if there is any hp penalty at high rpms by using the Gen I cylinders instead of the Gen II.
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 08:30:54 AM »
It’s going to pump the same amount with or without the cutout. The bottoms of the cylinders don’t cover any ports so it wouldn’t change a thing. I have a set of gen2 core cylinders if you want them
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 09:10:02 AM »
Thank you, I do have a good core.

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 09:00:28 PM »
The cutouts are just to clear the crank but it will work perfectly on gen2 cases

To clear the crank? Of what? There's no way they put those cutouts in the block to clear a stroke increase of 2mil. I've used 10mils with a .055 base-. They put them there to relieve crankcase pressure from each cylinder and the assy turns easier while operating and freeing  up a few hp. They crack if bored to 84 wether your spraying or not.

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 04:57:49 PM »
Just what I had heard. Thanks for the info