TECHNICAL > HELP!

fuel issue

(1/3) > >>

loneraider:
Hello everyone thanks for letting me join.

i have a 2006 busa with a weird fuel issue.. couple weeks ago i decided to order a fuel pump off ebay ( new )  kit came with pump filter screens  ect.. direct fit  so for awhile now the bike had a hard time reving past 6 to 7 grand and higher.. so in goes the new fuel pump and strainer    bike ran great for 2 days approx   i let the gas go low so i could check the low gas light on bike   ( alls good  )  filled her up & drove to a buddys house and on our trip out it starts sputtering  just like the old pump but worse..putt putt all the way home 3 to 4 grand. heres the new issue...start the bike up runs fine for approx 10 min and than slowly lossess fuel or power  to the point it almost dies.  ya i thought i was walking home.. turn bike off   maybe a min    turn key on fuel pump is singing bikes starts right up  drive ok for a few minutes  than it starts it all over again.  starts to sputter lose rpm and power..im stumped at what is causing this..  i can only see one fuel hose with quick connects from tank to fuel rail , the hose is not kinked.... is it possible that letting the fuel in the tank run low it sucked up some dirt and messed up my fuel pump ?  why is it that if you reprime the pump when bike is shut off and fire it up again it runs great for a few min?  than acts up.

wildphil69:
When it starts sputtering try popping the gas cap. Could be creating a vacuum and causing issues

loneraider:
i took out the fuel pump  took it apart sprayed it all with carb cleaner blew it all out with compressed air   fuel pump screen looks clean with no gunk or dirt. The tank is clean i checked with flashlight and sprayed the connectors with contact cleaner.   i will test everything out in the morning.

MJ Williams:

--- Quote from: wildphil69 on May 16, 2018, 05:40:10 PM ---When it starts sputtering try popping the gas cap. Could be creating a vacuum and causing issues

--- End quote ---

Yeah you wouldn't believe how much time I had in finding THAT problem.

loneraider:
this mornings test was good ,only drove for a few miles but she runs great. i did take apart the fuel pump and blew everything out and was a little more careful in assembling it this time.. maybe that's the difference.  a longer run tomorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version