Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen1 hard start, cold and hot, not a fuel/battery issue. ignition advance?  (Read 17970 times)

Offline Thomas

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
long story short: the ecu was loosing sync while cranking as the cam chain jumped one tooth on intake cam when the bike backfired.
We guarantee fast service no matter how long it takes.

Offline Thomas

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Have you enabled big block cranking in ECU Editor?
Nope, the ECU starts to trigger fuel injectors and ign coils at ca. 100-120RPM (I forgot the exact number), my cranking speed is well over that.

I was trying to run the bike ~1000cc injectors using generic approach with "Ecu Editor" and "fuel pressure" compensation thing. It's pure shit as that way you get no start up injector pulse width correction and also no changes for transient fuelling (that's it, the bike will likely stumble if you pin the throttle). The engine will be massively flooded if you start to start the bike when it's cold outside. No joke.  During such tests the bike backfired and blew the throttle bodies of.

Since then I reversed the ECU FW (fuelling mostly, haven't spent much time with ignition and synchronization stuff) and fixed all that. And had to invest into updated starter motor/starter gear set/covers and also install a case saver bushing, as the pin was already loose. I'm lucky my cases are in one piece.
We guarantee fast service no matter how long it takes.