Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Best places for ECU remapping a GEN2  (Read 8482 times)

Offline leftluggy

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Best places for ECU remapping a GEN2
« on: May 17, 2015, 02:48:25 PM »
Hi all,

I am new to the hayabusa ownership, having just purchased a white 2008 Gen2 with 15,000 miles on the clock.

It isnt running well when ridden gently, with no visible modifications, it stutters as if running out of fuel/ electrical fault.

Anyway, i suspected that it was running rich as it stunk of unburnt fuel with stock silencers fitted.

I swapped out the standard cans for straight through delkevic cans and it is popping and backfiring on decelleration which confirms my thoughts of it being overfuelling.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best places with experience of rolling road remapping the Gen2, as i think this is my best option, and hopefully get the timing retards and top speed restiction removed at the same time.

I live in darlington, north east uk, but dont mind travelling to get the word done by the right person.

Can anyone recommend anywhere please?

thanks in advance

Offline Red

• Post Master
    • http://www.revival.tv
Re: Best places for ECU remapping a GEN2
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 08:56:34 PM »
Before you go changing the tune ~ make sure that your filters are clean .  .  . 
1999 Prostar West Super Gas Champion !
2000 NMRA / Prostar Pro E/T runner up.
2001, 2002, & 2003 NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2004 #3, 2005, & 2006 NMRA Pro E/T runner up.
2007 Pro. St. Legal #6, NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2008 MDRA Super Streetbike Champion !

Offline pamark

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 11:13:37 AM »
BSD Performance near Peterborough - highly recommended !!!!

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 04:44:47 PM »
I would say you have something else wrong. Generally slip ones won’t make your bike run bad
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 06:13:06 PM »
Yep if down on power check the pump and internal filters (not just the tea bag strainer on the pickup ),I expect its lean . not often they will go rich unless something like hose kinked or ambient air pressure sensor  fault and I am yet to see that on a gen 2
Official Site Donor