TECHNICAL > HELP!

Gen 1 k3 busa, problems in 3rd and 4th cylinders.

(1/2) > >>

Jape79:
Need help to figure out whats wrong, done almost anything I can imagine and problem is still going on...

3rd cylinder is so rich that spark plug brokes approx. every 1500km. Also 4th cylinder is leaner than 1st and 2nd cylinders. Picture from plugs attached. Bike is running and pulling smoothly until spark plug gets broken. Doesnt loss coolant or engine oil, I have owned bike for little over 3000km.

Done so far:
Synchronised throttle bodies,
Cleaned fuel rail and lines,
Changed injectors,
Checked for vacuum leakages
Mixed ignition coils between cylinders.

Next step would be to measure compression pressures. Any thoughts or other hints?

busa2001:
Is the bike stock? what mods? power commander etc...

Thomas:
Check compression, if everything is within limits start looking at wire harness and the ECU. Do you have an oscilloscope?

Jape79:
Itīs almost stock, only mods are slip ons and blocked pair. Bought yesterday meter to measure compressions but it didnīt fit to M10 threads. New try today, if everything inside the limits Iī ll measure the harness. If harness is ok, then I need to find other ECU.

Thanks for the tips, lest see how it goes.

Jape79:
Okay, pressures between cylinders are inside one bar. I measured also Injector harness according to workshop manual instructions and results were ok. Starts to look that maybe ucu is faulty. I cant quess any othet possible faults anymore why one cylinder is lean, other very rich and rest ok. Has there been faulty ecus on gen 1 busas?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version