Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Bike shut off and won't start help!  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Torquejunky

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Bike shut off and won't start help!
« on: June 12, 2018, 04:30:39 PM »
Hey guys just got a 05 hayabusa that I'm in love with! Rode it for a week no problems whatsoever, coming home last night and all of the sudden it started trying to quit and the oil light came on so I quickly shut it off. Luckily I wasn't far from home. Now the oil light is still on and it won't even turn over I'm lost here it's full of oil and coolant. Any help is greatly appreciated. Mods that I know of are exhaust and programmer.

Offline busa2001

• Mad Post Whore
Re: Bike shut off and won't start help!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:52:22 PM »
Oil light will stay on until the bike starts, i know you said you were riding when all this start, but make sure your battery is fully charged..check your kickstand switch, make sure bikes in neutral.

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 08:30:32 PM »
Does the ignition power up? Lile 2001 says, kickstand switch. Also could be the tip over switch or ignition. It it powers up you can pull codes. Check the search function for code checking. You can do it with a paper clip (literally) and briding 2 leads.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 02:55:30 PM »
" all of the sudden it started trying to quit and the oil light came on so I quickly shut it off"

That doesnt sound good, try removing the crank end access cover and turning with a socket and bar, if it doesnt turn forward reasonably easy you may need to pull it down 
Official Site Donor

Offline Torquejunky

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
Haven't got a chance to look at it to much guys but I did drop in a new battery still won't crank. All gauges reset and the fuel pump runs, but it won't even try to crank just studder or click like the battery is dead. Even crossed it over on the solenoid an nothing! cant see any melted wires on the rectifier, I have a new chrome stator cover I was planing on installing anyway so I went ahead and ordered a new stator and rec should be here at the end of the week. I doubt that fixing it hoping but I doubt it. Gonna try to see if I can manually turn it over like stated above fingers crossed lol.

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 01:26:34 PM »
What does the headlight do when you try to crank it?  Dim??
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350