TECHNICAL > HELP!

Charging issue

(1/1)

richardgills:
If an issue which I need help with. My gen 1 busa wasn't charging so I replaced the rectifier. Still no joy. Next step I replaced the stator. Now what I'm getting is as follows. When I start the bike from cold my volts at battery are 14.1 which is good. But when I give it some throttle the volts drop to 12.8/12.9 and there about those figures. Is this normal as I'm a car mechanic it ain't normal on cars but not sure about bikes.

Stainless1:
Busa will charge better at low RPM than at high RPM.... I suspect it must be designed for that.... 13v at 4-5K is normal in my experience,  13.8+ at idle

TT:
the three wire  plug that connects the stator to the harness get rid of it (its probably melted ) and hard solder the three wires, do the same where the regulator plugs in to the harness, and then the on the neg side of the batt ( this is probably the main problem ) there is a grounded spade connector, get rid of the spade connector and bolt the wire right to the neg side of the batt
and i garantee youll be putting out 14volts

richardgills:
Iv stripped down the rear end and checked each wire. All seems good. So I put everything back together and have been driving the bike for a few days and so far all seems good. Many thanks for the replies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version