Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Engine case plungers and springs??  (Read 4236 times)

Offline HayabusaRider12

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Engine case plungers and springs??
« on: December 20, 2018, 01:04:53 AM »
Hello fellow Hayabusans (is that the proper term?) I am in the midst of a complete bike tear down. I bought myself a poorly kept and maintained 2006 Busa. I am extremely mechanically savvy and catch on quickly. Maybe once I'm done I'll make a thread about the whole ordeal... anyways I've finally reached my main goal: the engine. Or more specifically the bottom crankcase that was cracked from the previous owner. I succeeded in separating the cases and all is well... but I did notice 2 small rounded plungers and a small spring on the ground and just now as I am typing this I found a second spring. I found this spring near the lower case and I found both plungers and first spring after flipping the case over to undo all the bolts. So presumably from the lower case..? I haven't seen any mention of these guys in any of the manuals I have. Sooo yeah I'd just like to know where they go sooner rather than later. In the meantime I have them appropriately labeled as "?!?!" Wrapped in blue masking tape and stuck on a magnetic wall strip. Pictures below. They're pretty small

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
Re: Engine case plungers and springs??
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 08:49:21 AM »
Those look like the gear position contacts.... just my guess...
Of course it is always easier to disassemble and reassemble with a manual
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline HayabusaRider12

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 11:12:23 AM »
Sweet. I'll look and see what I find once I'm off work. And you're 100% right. I've got a clymer manual but I dont really trust it 100%. I've already found some issues with it to include it telling me to remove wrong bolts or forgetting to mention to remove bolts, or mixing up things here and there. I'll dive deeper into it. That gives me a place to start. Thanks a ton.

Offline HayabusaRider12

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 11:17:56 AM »
Looks like you nailed it. I'll confirm later but that definitely looks like it. #40. thanks!