Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Mr 311 Bill Warner would be 50 today  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Landspeed Larry

• Rider
Mr 311 Bill Warner would be 50 today
« on: February 11, 2019, 07:17:02 AM »
Good Morning William: Just thinking about what might have been had you retired from racing. The Houston airport closed for racing so all your preparation was in vain .Your door to middle age just opened, time to settle down. Maybe move to Lakeland, get married and have a couple of rug rats. Your boy's first one-z would have "little 311" on it because I would buy it. :biggrin: With the farm sold you would need a career to support the family. I think your building and tuning skill would lead to a Shane T type of business where  you did online tuning, perhaps wiring and even made specialty tools such as timing plug wires and custom clutch pushrods. Whatever you chose it would have been a success with everything well engineered. Just my thoughts, nothing more.  Miss you my friend.   :birthday:   LSL
All motor all the time and a turbo now and then.

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
Re: Mr 311 Bill Warner would be 50 today
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 09:28:42 AM »
Thanks for the nice alternate-universe moment Larry.  :thumb:

I'd like to think that there's a racing sanction somewhere where Bill and DaveO and Fred and Bob and all the racers are still building and competing against each other. Lining up against Burt Munro maybe.

Happy 50th Bill,
Dean

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
Re: Mr 311 Bill Warner would be 50 today
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 10:31:53 PM »
 HBD Bill, yes your records still stand and will for a very long time on the pavement!!! Larry and I are still at it.. RIP Mr.311