Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Assistance needed. Gen 1 loses power and temp spikes  (Read 5140 times)

Offline TexasMob187

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Assistance needed. Gen 1 loses power and temp spikes
« on: June 08, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »
I’m hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. I have an ‘06 Busa and recently if I keep a constant speed, the bike responds as if I took my hand off the throttle and the temp gauge maxes out. About 5 seconds later the temp gauge goes back to half way and the throttle responds again. It doesn’t chug or sputter and it doesn’t kill the electrical power. Does anyone have any ideas?

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: Assistance needed. Gen 1 loses power and temp spikes
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »
is the bike actually over heating? when the temp spikes are u blowing coolant into the overflow bottle??
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 06:54:05 PM »
Leprechauns
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 07:04:16 PM »
Sounds like it could be a faulty sensor or diode that triggers the ECU. But you should know that is just another wild guess 😃
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline Gary Evans

• Rider
    • AzBikeTech
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 08:38:13 AM »
Has anyone done any modtification/s to the electrical system?
Any codes?

Offline TexasMob187

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 08:03:40 PM »
It doesn’t actually overheat and there hasn’t been any electrical mods since I have had it except for LED lights. It has the original ECU also.

Offline Gary Evans

• Rider
    • AzBikeTech
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 09:42:29 AM »
This device was been known to cause elecrical related problems that effect the temperature gauge. The installation manual explain the OEM wires to which it would be attached so if you don't find the box check the connections. If you do find one I would remove it to see if that was the problem.

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/xtre/

Next best guess would be the ECU and the only way to rule it out would be to try another one.

Offline TexasMob187

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 12:02:43 PM »
This device was been known to cause elecrical related problems that effect the temperature gauge. The installation manual explain the OEM wires to which it would be attached so if you don't find the box check the connections. If you do find one I would remove it to see if that was the problem.

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/xtre/

Next best guess would be the ECU and the only way to rule it out would be to try another one.

I will definitely check that out. Thank you for the point in any direction at this point because I was out of ideas.

Offline Gary Evans

• Rider
    • AzBikeTech
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 01:59:30 PM »
Another thought.
When this happens does the motor continue to run or is it turned off and then restarts?

Reason I ask is because if it turns the motor off and then restarts that would indicate that the engine power is being interruped. Both the kill switch on the throttle assembly and the side stand interlock will kill the motor when activated and I think both would also run the tempature gauge to hot while it is occurring. Either of those switches if out of adjustment or defective could explain the temperature gauge and the loss of engine power.