Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 311 Six years later  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Landspeed Larry

• Rider
311 Six years later
« on: July 14, 2019, 04:54:57 AM »
Good morning William, I couldn't sleep. The World has changed a lot in the past six years both socially and emotionally and not in a better way in my opinion. Back to racing, Loring was handicapped with marginal weather but Shane came early and laid down an outstanding 265 naked. A 42X on Alky can make some power as you well know. He has a good program with more to come, you would like his body. Last year Bolivia was running but I have heard nothing, perhaps they changed dates hoping for better weather. F1 is now just a M-B 1-2 with technology that is cost prohibitive. I am a N/A guy, I miss the "simple" 20,000 rpm engines. Nascar is a no-name series where one tunes in for the inevitable last lap crash. NHRA is down to three owners ready to retire or expire. They have out horsepowered the racetrack and parts durability. Some quality parts don't last three seconds. You would like Pro-street motorcycles. Here the electronic advances and tire improvements allow low 6.40 quarter miles at over 230 mph. And the lighter 1000's are right there. So there is still hope Wild Bill.  Miss you my friend.  LSL
All motor all the time and a turbo now and then.

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
Re: 311 Six years later
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 06:39:24 AM »
Great post Larry!!!   Bill is missed by everyone!!! Still the king and always will be.

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 09:37:37 AM »
Great summary of current motorsports, I agree Larry.

Hard to believe it's been 6 years. RIP Bill.

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 04:17:03 PM »
 :tu:

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 12:41:05 AM »
 :punk: :slt: :pinkie:
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen