Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Missing sprocket teeth!  (Read 2920 times)

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
Missing sprocket teeth!
« on: September 03, 2019, 11:38:50 AM »
I literally keep my bike in show ready condition at all times. So, I was very embarrassed and shocked to be told by the shop that I had 4 1/2 teeth missing out of my rear sprocket. They discovered this on the Dyno when the bike vibrated. I literally wipe down the back wheel before every ride and I can’t believe I never noticed the missing teeth. Anyways, he said it was due to sprocket being aluminum and the chain being too tight. I’m kind of in a quandary because with the turbo and all the torque you’re supposed to keep it fairly tight . I’m certainly going to back off on the tension a little bit this time around.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
Re: Missing sprocket teeth!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 12:23:31 PM »
Definitely put a steel sprocket on the rear...
Getting "Blown" is a hell-of-a drug...STUNNAH...

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 03:08:04 PM »
 Yep, aluminum definitely definitely not up to the task 😳
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 09:14:34 AM »
So happy this was discovered on the dyno and not on the street. The best chain and sprockets money can buy are cheap compared to a left leg amputation and all that goes with it.
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 01:32:55 PM »
my turboed 99 has 182k on the original rear sprocket with no signs of wear, i keep my chain a tad loose, my front sprocket has been replaced around 6 times
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 03:05:40 PM »
Dang, that bike just keeps on going and going. Your bike may be the most impressive example of how long a Busa can last.