Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Frame breakage question  (Read 5290 times)

Offline Dave Myers

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Frame breakage question
« on: July 15, 2019, 12:21:30 PM »
I’ve been told by a “knowledgeable” person that in the early days of the Busa there were instances of broken frames at the headstock. They were covered up by Suzuki.

I know of the rear subframe breakage issue when they used an alloy frame, but I’ve never heard of anything wrong with the headstocks.

Any ideas?

Edit: by the way, I bought my first Busa in 99 and have had 5 in total, raced and crashed but never had any concern about frame solidity. My latest Busa is a show worthy, low mileage 99
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 02:32:21 AM by Dave Myers »

Offline Ali123

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Re: Frame breakage question
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:24:34 AM »
pics or it didn't happen

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 09:19:24 PM »
Never heard of even one doing this. I did hear of a number of ZX14 early models having frame failures at the swingarm mounting area, but NEVER any Busa’s.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline Dave Myers

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 07:14:15 AM »
Thanks, it was as I expected.  It how the hell do you convince someone who is adamant that he’s right and I’m wrong as it’s so difficult to prove a negative. As Ali123 says above, no pics it didn’t happen. I think I’m going to simply shut up and acknowledge internally that he’s not worth wasting time over.

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 07:18:37 AM »
That can the hardest thing to do😀. Maybe he’s confusing Busa with Harley’s?
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 04:27:28 PM »
Think it was 06 gsxr 1K, bolt in bracing was added on a recall
I have seen busa's with cracked weld at the headstock to frame weld  , everyone of them was in a front end accident
Official Site Donor

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 05:13:46 PM »
Yeah thats a common mistake. People hear it wrong and then it's not a Hayabusa it's a Harleybusa :rfl:
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 05:15:19 PM »
I think I'll see if I can get away with calling it that :lol:

Separate the men from the boys
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline Gerald

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
    • http://www.cmdra.com
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 06:23:48 PM »
I've never heard of a Busa frame breaking up by the headstock? Unless its been in a collision. As for the aluminum sub frames on the '99 and 2000's, apparently some out there cracked. I worked at a Suzuki dealership for most of my career (28 years and counting) and asked the head service guy for Suzuki western Canada about these cracking sub frames, at that time they had not seen even one in Canada. They did change a bunch out under warranty. He asked if I wanted the new steel subframe for my 2000, HELL NO! Then I asked if I could have all the returned aluminum subframes! No dice. lol.