Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: New to turbo  (Read 2657 times)

Offline BigboyBusa2

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
New to turbo
« on: September 14, 2019, 08:46:08 PM »
Looking to buy this turbo off the 2 facebook. Has cracked manifold. And says its a hahns. Few parts missing. Came off running gen 1 stock with 7 lb boost. Dont mind spending more money to complete but not sure if its a good deal he is asking $1000.  Can you help. What I need to ask. I'll pan doesnt have a swivel I know. He says it need a outside.

Offline BigboyBusa2

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Re: New to turbo
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 08:46:36 PM »
He says it need a hotside

Offline BigboyBusa2

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 08:50:57 PM »
Thanks

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 09:08:00 AM »
I'm not sure I would want it if it was free let alone $1000, sounds like somebody's worn out junk, I know complete turbo kits are a lot more than what this gut wants, but to save yourself a lot of money/heartache/being pissed/and having a screwed up bike,... buy a complete kit from a well reamended shop, RCC or someone else that knows what's what,  if you do your own install follow the instructions to the letter, you will also need a Power Commander or some sort of fuel tuner if you don't have one already, and after install is done you will need a tune done on a dyno, and do not let your boost go over 6-7 lbs without eng mods, pistons or at least a spacer plate, take it from someone who learned the hard way, get this done right you will have a kick ass bike that you'll will have fun with ….try and short cut it you will not
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 06:17:26 AM »
Good advice. Either way you go, factor in some rear tires and fresh underwear. Congrats on joining the boosted world, it's a game changer. When you take your first ride, it will all be worth it!

:trb:
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen