Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Need a CARB (California) approved exhaust for a Garrett turbo on a 2005 Busa  (Read 624 times)

Offline po boy

  • Post Whore
  • ****
  • Posts: 875
So I'm trying to get this bike plated in California but they failed me for the exhaust, which is just a dump pipe off the turbo.

Anyone know of anything that out there that I can bolt on long enough to get a plate?

Thanks y'all.  Original member here but it's been a while.  Just got this bike a month or so ago and am in love with it.

Offline Gary Evans

  • Rider
  • ***
  • Posts: 157
    • AzBikeTech
There is no such think as a CARB approved exhaust for a turbo Busa. There are full exhausts but not CARB approved.

Offline MJ Williams

  • Post Whore
  • ****
  • Posts: 524
  • Gender: Male
I'd run a pipe from the turbo to a stock muffler.
If the guy at the DMV is not paying attention you may be able to slide it by.
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!